1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Misty Evening

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by ddietiker, Aug 6, 2008.

1. Pacific coast of Washington. No color to speak of, everything was pretty much BW already. I liked the first 3 rocks and the motion of the water around them. I was hoping to capture that motion in some pleasing patterns.

NIKON D200    ---    15mm    f/13.0    1/2s    ISO 320

2. I want to so bad to live on the coast again. Your shot is suburb in every way. I like theh subject, the exposure and how it is composed. The shot makes me really want to be there to see these pattern myself. Thanks for sharing Douglas.

God Bless,
    David

3. Nice. The flow/movement in the foreground contrasts so well with the dark hard rocks!

I have some from Cannon Beach, OR that, while not as good, are essentially naturally monochrome!

So, with no intentions of hijacking your thread:

6858306-lg.

4. Douglas,

I really like your image. Beautifully composed!

Glenn

5. I agree. Beautifully composed and nice B&W conversion.

6. Just as I remember it, Douglas.

I can feel the cold, damp mist. Great composition.

7. Lovely capture, Douglas. Nice processing too. I know it's a coastal shot, but the composition almost make it seem like a river shot. Reminds me of the North fork of the Umpqua in Oregon. I like it.

8. RFCGRAPHICS

RFCGRAPHICS

Apr 30, 2005
    Another work of art ! Congrats !

9. Ken K

Ken K

Dec 10, 2007
    Cincinnati Ohio
    Another great image, Dogulas. Keep 'em coming.

10. Matthias

Matthias

Apr 13, 2007
    Central Texas
    Douglas,

love your image - now all you have to do is clean the tripod from the saltwater :smile:

11. Thanks David

Thanks Nick

Thank you Glenn

Thanks Dez

12. And wet, dont forget the wet Joe :)  thanks

Thanks Jack

Thank you RFC

13. Thank you Ken

Thanks Mathhias. My tripod does very well around the ocean. I do wash out the sand and salt after, but have never had any problems with the legs locking from the sand/salt like other brands I have seen.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2008
  14. revoke99

revoke99

Jul 26, 2008
    Marina Del Rey

Love the shot nice shadows..

15. Thanks, but this thread is about Douglas's shot. Mine was was added to save me typing in 987 more words!:biggrin:

16. very nice, douglas
    i like it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.