Misty mood shot - which one?

145926303-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

145925787-L.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Your vote please!

T

totoro

Wow, beautiful! I like the first one as I think it conveys they atmosphere of the mist a lot better!

Go with #1. The first one tells more of the "story" than does the second one. The bird is back lit so there is not a lot going on in the bird`s face anyway. The first photo looks as if the bird is standing on natural rocks. The second photo looks more like riprap below a dam or something. In the first photo we can see the mist comming off the rocks as the sun warmes them up. This is lost in the second photo.

1st one .yes yes
Beautiful
Cropped takes away the effect and great mood you have captured

2 is nice if I had not seen 1:>)))

#1 - seeing water in the picture makes the difference for me because then it tells a whole story. The second is a GBH on a wet rock. No water, very little mist.

Yup, Number 1 for sure for all the reasons Sandi said. It is funny how many times people are split on picking an image but here it is very clear. The first one captures the mood and scene so much better. A good example for us all to see. Well done.

Thanks again everybody. Now that I look at it, I think Nick is right - number one with a slightly tighter crop at the top and bottom. I'll give that a try.

Latest threads

Top Bottom