Mites Hockey Action

Real Name
Jon Schusteritsch
Some photos from my son's hockey "game" the other week. They're all 2nd graders and some are quicker learners than others but, from what I can tell, they're all having a lot of fun (even if they never have goalies). I was on the bench shooting these, one of the perks of volunteering to open/close the door for the kids (I'm currently negotiating exchanging some photo work for league fees for both my son and I, hockey is almost as expensive as photography). This was also the first time I tested out my new Tamron 70-200 G2 which replaced my old VR1, so far I'm enjoying it, still getting used to the flip flopped zoom/focus rings though.

1).
p2259554395-6.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2).
p2259556532-6.jpg

3).
p2259557392-6.jpg

4).
p2259558868-6.jpg

5).
p2259562035-6.jpg

6).
p2259562390-6.jpg

7).
p2259563937-6.jpg

Real Name
Jon Schusteritsch
You've gotta be happy with those. Could be my monitor but a few might need slight white balance tweaks and a bit brighter?

Thank you. So I'm not sure if it's me or what but I felt like this new Tamron lens produced darker images out of camera than my old Nikon at the exact same settings. I've shot at this rink hundreds of times (and I have a love/hate relationship, the lighting is very uneven and they hardly ever have all of the lights on, when they do it's much nicer), I have settings I've used for a long time but with the new lens I had to make some tweaks to my exposure in camera and add a little extra in LR as well. I think it'll take me a handful more times to really get the feel for this lens and the images it produces. As for the WB, I'm sure it's not perfect, I used to tweak them all but then just settled on an average for each rink I shoot in and leave it be :ROFLMAO: for men's league games I'd shoot 2-300 images and cull it down to about 50-75 per game, sometimes shooting 3 games a night so I figured I'd save a little time and edit one less thing lol, so yes I'm lazy in that aspect.

Yes not all f2.8 lenses let the same amount of light in, same for all lenses at the same aperture. Film makers use T-stops which is the actual amount of light let in by a lns.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom