Mixed Bag of Birds (somewhat long)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Desert Rat, Dec 1, 2005.

1. Well, in the past few weeks I have been trying my hand at shooting birds with a camera). Finally got around to processing a few of them..

All images were shot with a D2x, 70-200VR at either 1.7XTC or 1.4XTC.

The exceptions are the Geese and Brown Pelican. The geese were with a 300mm/4 and 1.4X Kenko TC. THe brown pelican was with a D70 and a 300mm/f and 1.4X Kenko Pro 300 TC.

here they are...

Comments and critiques always welocme.. So hit me but be gentle.. :biggrin: :biggrin:

Gaggle of geese at sunset

One Good Tern
    View attachment 20379

Brown Pelican from earlier this year
    View attachment 20380

Pelican Flight using Better Beamer
    View attachment 20381

Turkey Vulture from reha center
    View attachment 20382

Geese in PlaydelRey
    View attachment 20383

A few Egrets at Sunset from Sepulveda
    View attachment 20384

View attachment 20385

[​IMG]

2. All are great Eric, but "Fly By" really catches my eye. I'd print that if I were you ;)

3. Thanks Brett... It is a odd thing.. Sometimes when I process the images I nail it with PP work and then on others they just don't make the grade...Guess I really have to read the RR book.. :biggrin:

Well, I don't have anywhere to hang a print in my house right now.. I might make one and hang it up here at work one day...

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    These are pretty good Eric. You are starting off much better than I did. Most folks don't understand how hard capturing these guys can be. As to the PP woes, we all are still learning. I've been to two RR sessions, and I have both his original and revised eBooks, and I still learn something just about every day. In fact, I just changed my process again last week when I got PS CS2. :rolleyes:

5. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Good stuff Eric
    PP woes Oh please don't get me started :rolleyes: :biggrin: :frown:

Exactly what Frank said twice :eek: :confused:

6. Yeah someday I will work out a workflow for everything so I can just follow the same steps...

Sometimes I don't have to do much processing after conversion and sometimes I have to do more that I thought of processing images...

7. merlin50

merlin50

Nov 5, 2005
    Chicagoland
    The Brown Pelican and Turkey Vulture REALLY trip my trigger! Detail, composition, great tight framing, exposure and lighting! Very cool!

Dave

8. Thank ya Dave...