Mixed bag of birds

Still praticing on bird shooting and of course patience, I was lucky to run into these birds. The northern flicker was digging in the grass for worms and I was laying on the ground. Dang the grass is still wet from yesterday rain.

Northern Flicker
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Baltimore Oriole

Green Heron

excellent. Which lens? Can you get us a shot of that heron entering the nesting box? Now that would be a great shot :lol:

Hi Greg, these pictures wera taken with a Sigma 100-300mm f/4. I don't think the heron could enter the box since he is too big for the hole :) . These boxes wera installed around a lake for tree swallows nesting. Thanks for the kind words.

Hi Dao! I luv the shots of the flickers, especially made the perspective in getting to the ground. yes I know wet grass, yuck, but it was worth the effort. Well done!!

keith

That has always thrown me off about the Northern Flicker.......it's a woodpecker and more times I see them digging in the ground than in a tree!! Nice shots!! :D :D :D

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom