Mixed bag of birds

Discussion in 'Birds' started by daodang, May 24, 2005.

1. Still praticing on bird shooting and of course patience, I was lucky to run into these birds. The northern flicker was digging in the grass for worms and I was laying on the ground. Dang the grass is still wet from yesterday rain.

Northern Flicker
    original.
    original.

Baltimore Oriole
    original.

Green Heron
    original.

2. Greg

Greg

Apr 5, 2005
    Fayetteville, TN
    excellent. Which lens? Can you get us a shot of that heron entering the nesting box? Now that would be a great shot :lol:

3. Hi Greg, these pictures wera taken with a Sigma 100-300mm f/4. I don't think the heron could enter the box since he is too big for the hole :) . These boxes wera installed around a lake for tree swallows nesting. Thanks for the kind words.

4. Hi Dao! I luv the shots of the flickers, especially made the perspective in getting to the ground. yes I know wet grass, yuck, but it was worth the effort. Well done!!

keith

5. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Excellent Dao. I told you that these guys are addictive.

Wonderful shots. 8)

6. Great pictures Dao, really like the Flicker, good job on sneaking up on it.

Martin

7. Hi Daodang, very sharp and clear. It looks so clear that it looks like an ant on the second Flickers neck.
    Pete

8. A warm thank my friends.

FRANK

It's really an addictive activity.

PETE

I missed the ant. Thanks for mention it.

Regards.

9. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    Super job on these Dao!

Never seen an Oriole before! Good job buddy!

10. That has always thrown me off about the Northern Flicker.......it's a woodpecker and more times I see them digging in the ground than in a tree!! Nice shots!! :D :D :D