Mixed Bag

Discussion in 'Birds' started by james thiel, Aug 5, 2005.

1. Well here are a few from the past couple of days. The robins both adult and immature as well as flicker and a couple osprey. Then the Blue Angels flew by our office today. I was able to take a couple of quick shots only.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

original.

2. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Just an excellent series Jim. You had a very productive day. One of the best Robin captures I've seen, but they are all good.

That's one feisty little biplane, huh?? :lol:

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Jim,
    Those are all excellent images.

Pretty colored fish that GBH cautht. Never have see an Osprey with a Rat ?.

Planes are just superb.

Jealous about the robins :<( They are beautiful. Have always liked them. Don't have them in Florida only during migration and havent nailed one yet.

4. What a great slection fo shots love the robin shot

5. Thanks Frank, that Biplane came out of no where and passed the Blue Angels with it's smoke on. It was pretty cool to watch.

Thanks Gale. I have never seen that kind of fish in the lake the GBH had. I was hoping to get the flip but the darn heron turned its back on me. Oh well !! I think the Osprey had a pretty well eaten flounder of some sort. The male like to eat the fish before bringing in the remains for the little guys I guess.

Thanks Mike. The robin was in such good light I could not pass up taking the picture. Too bad the adult had so many distracting branches around it.

6. bfjr

bfjr Guest

Very cool series :)
    As much as I like all wildlife shots, I must admit here I really dig those Blue Angels shots :wink:

7. Really nice exposure and detail on the birds Jim and the planes ain't bad either. Way to go.

8. drueter

drueter

Apr 24, 2005
    Southeast Texas
    VERY NICE series, Jim! I agree with Frank -- a great Robin shot! But they're really all very well done.

9. sfoxjohn

sfoxjohn

May 1, 2005
    Marlton, NJ
    These are all great Jim.

The ones I like best are the Robin, the second Osprey shot with "the flaps down", and the last one with the biplane which looks like a one in a million shot since I wouldn't expect him to try that more than once.

John