Mmmmmmmmmmm3!

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by Ottrott's Human, Jun 9, 2007.

1. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Well......I went to get my other car serviced a few weeks ago and found this on the used lot....2003 M3 with 27k miles....in *my* colors......titanium silver / black. I couldn't resist.:rolleyes:
    Not the best shot, but it's a start:smile::
    538001633_0d21f8d1cf_o.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 10, 2007
  2. Mighty M..aaazin.......

3. Gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!! :biggrin:

We're getting ours ready for the track season. It's rather odd, but when 2yr old Emilie is in the back seat, and I punch it, I hear "go go GO!" Now *where* did she learn THAT!?!?! :eek: :tongue:

4. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    :biggrin: Indeed!:biggrin:

I think it's a natural human response when you feel the thrust of 333hp in such a relatively small car!:biggrin:

My kids love it too though I scared my wife to death the first time she rode in it.....and believe me.....she used to going fast.:biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 9, 2007
  5. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Va Va Va Zoooooooooooooom!!! Sweet ride, Stuart!

6. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    The M3 is awesome. You will not regret getting it.

And it begs to be tracked...which is what I was doing with mine all day. I'll be back at the track tomorrow for more. Get yours signed up!!!

7. Ain't that the truth!! I can't WAIT for "Bimmers across the Border." It's the Boston club's annual trip up to Mt Tremblant in Canada. Great track, eye-candy area (its a nice ski mtn in the winter, and Euro-village by summer). Is it August yet???? :biggrin: :biggrin:

8. BMW-Lust? Mighty expensive vice there pal :wink:

Cool car :smile:

9. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    Man.....these were way more than I wanted to spend for a two door coupe a few years ago, but now you can, apparently, pick one up in excellent condition with low miles for about the price of a new Camry or Accord!:smile:

10. Haha. After having read the thread about your BMW's some months ago in the other thread I exactly knew what was coming just by the '3' and the end of the subject.... :biggrin:

If I had that much money to spare, I at least could cure my lens lust...
    Enjoy the new toy!

11. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

12. Very nice! I think we have enough members here with M's we could have our own club :wink:

13. Funny, that is the reason I bought mine 2 years ago. Going the way of the dinosaur not to many years off me thinks.

14. Ottrott's Human

Ottrott's Human

May 21, 2006
    USA
    :smile::smile::smile:Thanks Leigh!

:biggrin:You'll be disappointed that it's a 6MT and not an SMG, but I will rarely track it so the 6MT suits my style of driving better I think. I am going to take it to VIR soon. I have a buddy who is an instructor there and he's already hounding me to make a trip to see him.

Yep...with my lens lust nearly satisfied I had to find something else to blow my retirement money on!:biggrin:

Actually I'm saying this purchased *saved* me money since it was $20k less than the car I had on order!!:rolleyes:

I agree with you there Paul. I've tried to talk myself in to a Prius or econo sized diesel to use for the daily 80 mile commute, but I'm just not there yet!

Agreed! I know of at least 5 Café members who own M3's.........

15. That's a beauty Stuart. I must admit to a bit of envy.

16. Bill Gates

Bill Gates

Oct 26, 2006
    Toronto, ON

congrats Stuart! very nice ride. I've been conteplating upgrading my e36 coupe for a newer M. unfortunately, I think the wife would throw me out on the street if i did. :smile:

check out these forums if you haven't already.
    www.maxbimmer.com
    www.bimmerforums.com

17. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    SMG...6MT...doesn't matter. Both are awesome, on track or off.

My track weekend went great. I was lapping everyone in my run group, so they bumped me up to the most advanced group, and signed me off to solo (i.e. w/out instructor in the car)...and I kept pace with them too! The icing on the cake is that now I get to do the Friday track sessions, which are open only to the most advanced drivers and instructors. It's fun being in the fast lane. :biggrin:

18. RaceTripper

RaceTripper

Jan 6, 2007
    St. Louis
    I hated Bimmerforums when I was a member (and stopped visiting after not too long). It was all either a bunch of immature kill stories, or bling bragging contests. Not my cup of tea. People spending $5K on big brake kits to look cool (I've never seen anyone at the track use them, BTW). I also grew tired of M3Forum for similar reasons. I like Bimmerfest, and my local club board.

19. must be nice. lol.

20. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    Congratulations, great choice, and a truly wonderful ride!!!!