MOAB Paper?

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by jfenton, May 27, 2005.

1. jfenton

jfenton

Jan 26, 2005
    Haverhill, MA
    I shoot, print and sell mostly wildlife and landscape images. All of my printing is currently done with a Epsom 2200 printer.

To date, most of my for sale work has been printed on Cranes Museo 100% cotton paper. As it's really expensive stuff and it doesn't always provide exactly what I like for colors, I was about to try Epsom Velvet which is a bit cheaper and it virtually the same paper composition as the Cranes.

Recently I've read of several well known shooter who are using MOAB Entrada, although my inquiries to the photographers have to date gone unanswered.

While I know that I can simply purchase it and try it, I thought that perhaps someone here might be using it and could offer up their opinions.

2. rsimms

rsimms

Apr 30, 2005
    Redondo Beach, CA
    Hi Jim,
    I use the 8x9 Moab digital books with Entrada Fine Art 190 bright white for my portfolios. I find it very accurate for color prints and several clients have made positive comments on the "feel" of paper.

For B/W prints I like the epson velvet paper better, the B/W prints on Entrada just seem to be missing something.

Since you were so helpful when I was having trouble with my D2x I can mail you a sample print if you like. Just PM me if you are interested.

BTW I print the 8x9s on an epson 2200.

3. husawis

husawis Guest

jim - i use moab and ilford paper for all of my digital work - these papers seem much more consistent than the epson papers - i can not offer anything useful about black and white but if you convert to sepia as i do for many of my american indian photos the estrada has no peers - and i have spent many hours trying all sorts of papers - i use the epson 2200 for this work - hope this is helpful