Critique Moab, Utah - Easter Jeep Safari 2017 - Day 1

Discussion in 'Transportation' started by PAFirefighter11, May 19, 2017.

1. Hi all,

I appreciate all the recommendations on which lens to purchase for my first trip out to Moab, Utah. I picked up the 16-80 for my D7100 and it was a remarkable lens. For the most part, it encompassed all my wide and zoom needs. I was also impressed with the light weight. I did not shoot with a lens hood the full week I was in Moab.

Backstory: Every year, for the past 51 years, the Red Rock Four Wheelers club has hosted the annual Moab Easter Jeep Safari. It is basically one of the largest gatherings of Jeeps in the world. Moab, as some of you may know, is one of the meccas of off-roading in the world. I work for a company called Quadratec. We sell Jeep parts, mainly for Wrangler models. I have been employed by Quadratec for 12 1/2 years, with some work in the photo studio for 2 years. I am currently the Online Community Coordinator, but am very good friends with our two photographers. I have been asking for years to go and this year was finally the year they sent me, as well as one of our photographers. I took just under 1200 photos. I'll try to post no more than 10 from each day, though this will be very difficult!

Without further ado, here are my photos from Day 1 of 5 that I will be posting. All photos were taken with my D7100, 18-60, and SB600 direct for fill.

1 - The Trailhead to Hell's Revenge
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Stay tuned for Day 2 photos as I have time to upload them :)

Thanks,

• Like Like x 3
  2. Butlerkid

Butlerkid Cafe Ambassador Moderator

Apr 8, 2008
    Rutledge, Tennessee
    Karen
    Fantastic images!!!!! Are #^ and #8 the same jeep? #4 and #5 are awesome shots! Dang! The whole set is great!

3. West

West

Jan 2, 2012
    Vancouver BC
    Nice job, you got all the right angles (y)

4. Impressive shots captured here

Cheers

5. Really great and interesting.
    What is all the techie stuff on #4?

6. william hortis

william hortis

Nov 30, 2013
    Great set well done, I hope tyres are cheap in the US!!.

7. Excellent photos, Rick. Glad the 16-80 served you well.

Those folks really do some crazy things. I hope no one was injured when that jeep flipped.

8. Solid set - #4, 6 an 7 are my top 3 picks.

9. Great set of images - now I'm looking forward to Day 2!

10. Knowing what I know of Jeeps, I bet #8 got flipped over and back "on the road" in short order! My dad-in-law has a crazy built Wrangler, but he doesn't attempt anything near these shots! Great shots all around... technically and from a story-telling POV. #4 really shows the crazy travel a good suspension will allow for. Most of those things look like they are built to the max! Love it!