MobileMe users?

I started using MobileMe around the time it switched over from .Mac

I've personally really enjoyed the service (I seem to see more negative comments than positive). I love being able to share/edit my contacts and calendars between my iphone/ipad and my wife's and having it all update over the air.

Just curious if there are any other users around here and what you'd like to see changed with the supposed upcoming announcement.

If they offer it as a free service, I'll probably bite. I don't update contacts and stuff very often, and my mail downloads to my computer in addition to my iPad. In fact I delete all the email on the iPad, the repository is the iMAC.

I'm guessing they'll probably offer two versions: paid and non-paid.

They are going to have to do something to keep up with the dropboxes of the internet. Just not sure what new features they'll bring for the paid user.

Been a user for a few years. Love the seamless linking of diary, bookmarks etc and use it to host my web site, gallery and blog for sharing with family, friends and clients. Not a bad deal in my eyes.

I'm starting my second year with it and I really like it. I know there are other ways to get the same thing, sometimes for free, but I really like the integration. I think it tends to be more attractive to people who are living fully in the Apple ecosystem (iPhone, iPad, multiple Macs etc.)

I use it but don't use it for all of the features. I like being able to locate my ipod incase it gets lost and plan on hosting a website with it later.

I've had it since the days when it was called dot Mac and I greatly appreciate it for being able to keep my computers, iPads and iPhone all in sync. Find a new website I want to bookmark? I bookmark it and the next time I'm on one of the other devices, lo and behold, it's there! Add a new contact to my address book? It syncs so the next time I'm out with the iPhone or the iPad and want to verify that contact's information, there it is.... I really like MobileMe and plan to continue using it indefinitely.

If I did not have to use a Windoze computer at work, and could do all my computing on Apple products, I would probably bite the bullet and use more Apple applications.

Problem is cross platform compatibility. To achieve this I use Open Office, Firefox, Thunderbird/Lightning (email/calendar). Sync using LastPass (passwords) and XMarks (bookmarks). At least this way I am reasonably comfortable no matter which computer I am using.

My wife is still on a PC. When it needs replacing it will be with an Apple. Still have the problem of work though.

Latest threads

Top Bottom