Model in a Thong By The Fire Place Please Help Round 2

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Phyer Phyter, Apr 12, 2007.

1. I spent hours setting up this photo of a Model in a Thong and the fireplace and it just doesnt seem right. Any suggestions as to how I could improve this image? I just cant seem to put my finger on it.....

457121707_d402e8c015_b.

And that wedgy thing is always uncomfortable!!:eek: :biggrin:

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 9, 2009
  2. remove the thong ;~))
    and straighten the horizon

3. Straight horizons are critical, given the POV of the camera....

Some action in the fire place might add more heat to the subject...

The claw shaped poker in the background is a bit distracting.

You might want to work on the skin toes, bit pale to my eye.

Then again, what do I know.

4. I just KNEW it was going to be funny!!!!

Good one, Bill!! :biggrin:

5. Too much weight on the right side, the house is tipping.

6. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN

Violater!!!!!!!

that is two thongs.

:wink:

7. bett

bett

Mar 31, 2007
    New Hampshire
    I didn't!

Hook line and sinker!

guess I haven't been around here long enough.

8. Hyper-Performance

Hyper-Performance

Apr 11, 2007
    SW Ohio, USA
    Dave
    Lose the socks, build a fire........and polish that brass!

9. Oooh Dave, You Randy guy you...:Love: :eek: :biggrin:

Horizon? I am inside!!

10. JMartin

JMartin Guest

Looks similar to a lot of the canadians here in Florida, except that they are wearing shorts, a coat and the socks are usually black! :tongue:

11. Now how can you say my Glutimus is maximus when it aint in the picature?:eek:

12. I resemble that remark!

13. Mr. Phyter, I fell obliged to apologize for the shallow and somewhat crass behavior of some of my fellow country-persons. I won't speak for those from other countries, but just mine.

This image is simply exquisite, it gives new meaning to the word "art" and one can only wonder at the hours it must have taken you in setup to build the sense of tension in the image. The "hot spot" on the fireplace grill. The rack with only one tool fully visible, giving you pause to wonder what else might be there. The aniticipation not only of when the fire might start, but why, will it be Real Wood or Gas? The texture on the wall, the bit of "sooty" color top left of the fire place indicating that this just might be Real Wood. Socks in place, leaving one to wonder if the toes are pedicured, perhaps painted. The "toe impressions" in the sandles, gives the feeling of "Oh, how comfy", the curled toes indicate contentment. Feet up on a hassock, a footstool, yet another sign of a favorite comfy spot by the fire. Non-gender specific clothing, again, leaving the viewer to wonder. The simple, yet elegant, ways you break all the rules of composition.

What a truly wondrous piece of art. If I were you I would simply laugh, nay SNEER at the philistines in this thread who are fully unable to adequately judge the genius, the sheer majesty of such an image. I can only believe that the Major Museums are simply clamoring, breaking down your door to have the opportunity to hang such magnificence.

I am humbled, in awe, you have set the bar so high .........

Then again, it was I who wrote this ..... :wink:

14. DoorMan

DoorMan Guest

Heck. . . .

15. LOL my hopes crushed again, EXCELLENT

16. You will get yours one day, Bill. :tongue: :tongue:

Photography humor:

"I once had a photographer friend that went completely insane because he kept trying to take a close-up photo of the horizon."
    Steven Wright.

17. OOOOH Mr. Retief It is I who am humbled. I Canada we call your type of reply "Waxing Poetic" And may I say that my Poetic has never ever been Waxed as good as that. Please DON'T STOP - DON'T STOP!!

18. Ok, now that's funny! I am sooo looking forward to wearing black socks with sandals in my old age. My wife and daughters all lose their collective minds whenever they see that... (grin)

P.S. Bill, straighten the horizon in that shot eh!:biggrin:

19. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Wiping coffee off monitor and keyboard

ASBSPHD

20. The "Pro's make it look so easy.....