Model in BW

A friend of mine, who is a former model. She posed for me, (out of pity for me..I'm sure) :) Grateful for the practice though. I am trying different processing techniques in Silver EFX pro, all were originally shot in color, then converted. Thanks for looking. View attachment 1647938 View attachment 1647939 View attachment 1647940
CindyBW49.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)
CindyBW46.jpg
CindyBW50.jpg

Last edited:

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
I like the first and last very, very much. The middle one is a bit too yellow for me, but I'm sure plenty others will like it just fine!

I think the processing matches the expressions! To add to Karen's comment on the middle shot: I think that preset is very fitting for her mood, and I would probably desaturate it just a bit.

Thanks for the advice. Is this a better look?
CindyBW46.jpg

Last edited:
Lovely portraits, Jeff!
Very well done, like @dossy said.
Personally, I'm not a fan of borders like in #1 but that is of course down to personal preferences.

For the second one, I agree with @Mike Buckley.
I would probably take down the strength of the toning a bit but again, just personal taste.

Thanks so much for the comments. Still working/tweaking images. I have downsized the pics a bit....and will repost the original second in a bit. I forgot to downsize orginally. (My apologies)
That said, the images may have changed from orginal post (in processsing/tweaking)

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Yes, the middle image in the original post has changed since you first posted. Regarding the image in Post #4, I agree that a very light sepia tint would work well with lower contrast and a reverse vignette.

Just some more tweaking. I don't think it's "there" yet. But I appreciate all the help I'm getting. I'm working on it. Thank you all very much.
cindy105.jpg

Latest threads

Top Bottom