Model Release form (witness) and headshot contracts

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by dbguy, Sep 14, 2008.

1. I did a shoot recently and I had my model sign a model release form. I had a make up artist but I forgot to ask the make up artist sign the release form as the witness before she left the shoot. So I dont have a witness signed on the contract. do we really need a witness to sign the contract?

And I'm going to be doing a headshot photoshoot and was wondering what kind of contract should i have my client sign? he needs these headshots for some agency. are there any free headshot contracts out there anyone know of?

2. CougarWilbur

CougarWilbur Guest

Google Portrait Contracts?

3. My release form does not have provisions for a witness...

4. DanWhite

DanWhite

Jul 10, 2005
    Lansdale PA
    Headshots are typically used (for actors) for 8x10's for castings, web listing, promotions for the theater, IMDB listings. etc. When I do headshot session (40% of my business) I do not use a contract. I charge appropriately and give them unlimited reproduction rights.

As far as you witness situation. When I shoot and use a release. No one does anything without signing the release first. That includes the MAU if she/he is getting images for there port.

Dan

5. zerocool

zerocool

Jan 21, 2008
    Tracy Calif
    yah usually, as long as the model signs/dates it, and you sign date it... and all your information is on the contract, and she gets a copy of the contract... your usually good...

6. Do they need a copy of the contract? I never given a copy of it =\

I found a contract for my headshots, thanks!