Model shots looking for help

Discussion in 'People' started by TR_Fox, Nov 6, 2005.

1. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    I shot these the other day and now I am looking for help.
    I am looking to see if you like the color or B&W best. I am also looking for a title for this shot. Thanks in advanced for the info.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks everyone
    Tim

2. jb007

jb007 Guest

The color one is best. Title suggestion: "I'm sure I used to have two?"

3. My vote's for the color. Little dark though, have you tried bumping the exposure?

4. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    Thanks Mike
    The print is soo mcu better than the web view of it.

5. The color one get my vote. Nicely done.....I like the mood.

6. Looks like Im the only B&W fan. LOL..........but I would bump up the exposure.
    A high key shot would be neat to see, like the composition as well!

7. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Tim...I prefer the color version. My question is this, why did you decide to have the model stare in that direction, it's not a bad pose, but it may help me offer a title for the image. Her posturing looks a bit submissive or cowering but her eyes don't show any fear. Her facial expression looks as though she was startled by someone who came in while she was scantly dressed.

8. TR_Fox

TR_Fox

Jun 13, 2005
    Flagstaff AZ
    Thanks everyone

Frank you are so totally right just "startled by something" while we were shooting I had a frame hanging on the wall it fell and she looked that way just as I hit the shutter button.

I love the lines in the pose just having trouble with a title.
    :confused:

9. I think the images are beaituful but I too would increase the EV just a little. This would especially be true for the B&W one.

10. The color version defineatly.

She looks up to the sky and her hands is on her chest so the title for me would be:

WHY ME...

Greetings and thanks for sharing the nice photos,
    VinceBeus

11. Hello Tim, Old friend! :biggrin:

It's hard to retouch a small ultra compressed Jpeg but I think something like this was what you we're looking for.

All I did was basically play with the curve in PS (Adjustment->curve) and I chose black point compensation also. Took a couple of seconds. Of course the highlights are blown and some chair detail is lost but with the original file you can do marvels with the curve and probably some layers... I don't use layers pretty much though.

I then added and extra slight blur+warming filter I created with this program (see below). This is an essential plug-in if you're into glamour and weddings. Looks "bubble gum" at first but really, you can create endless different filters and make your work unique to you and your vision. I love it!

www.optikvervelabs.com

[​IMG]