1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Model Shots

Discussion in 'People' started by Contourrob217, Aug 15, 2009.

1. A few from this evening.....comments appreciated

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thanks for looking!

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 15, 2009
  2. Zee71

Zee71

Apr 1, 2007
    Queens, NY
    Firstly she a beautiful lady....I think you need to bring out her eyes a little (maybe a little post processing). Image number 2 is the best out of the series for me.

3. I'm a complete newbie. I have Lightroom 2 and Photoshop CS4. Any explaination of how to "bring her eyes out" ? Thx!

4. intruder61

intruder61

Dec 16, 2008
    australia
  5. Processing is a little over the top on the face...IMHO

In #1 you left pimples on her arm and shoulder, but her face looks like a barbie doll.

Clean up her skin and back off the facial processing just a little....

LOVE #3! Nice B/W and pose!

6. She looks great in black and white. Clone out the lighter spots on the steps for they draw my eyes to them immediately.

7. Thank you to everyone for your comments. I did some work on them considering what you said and here's where I'm at.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And I'm gonna sneak in a new #6, just because I kinda like the vintage look:
    [​IMG]

8. Spoogen_1

Spoogen_1

May 3, 2009
    Longmont, CO
    Nice work. I wanna shoot models but I never did before so im pretty sure ill just it up. But your shots look good

9. Paintguru

Paintguru

Dec 28, 2006
    Detroit, MI
    I like them (not that I'm a professional or anything). To me, I wish her smile in #5 was not so soft. #2 is the best IMO.

10. Ryan Bradford

Ryan Bradford

Jul 14, 2009
    Rochester
    1 and 4 are my faves.

11. Thanks. I've never shot models either (this isn't a paid model...she's my wife) :) 
    She's been really supportive of this growing hobby so we went downtown yesterday to see what I could get with the new 17-55 f/2.8.

Thank you. I agree about #5, I'll see if there is anything I'm able to correct in pp.

Thanks Ryan, #1 is her favorite too.

12. Debbie H

Debbie H

Aug 23, 2007
    Missouri
    Well if you are a newbie than I would say that you have some great photos. Great job!

13. Debbie, I'm a complete newbie. The first time I pushed a shutter button on a camera was only 2 months ago.

Your statement begs the question - If I wasn't a newbie, what makes these images not great? :)  I use this forum as a learning tool and I'd appreciate your feedback on what aspects of the photo could have been improved to be great overall.

Thank you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.