Mojave, CA Wind Generation Farm (Image Heavy)

This past fall I decided to continue and in a way finish a series of images of the wind generation farms near Mojave, CA. In 2012 I toured around and photographed the abandoned homesteads just to the west of Rt. 14 and south of Rt. 58 in the Tehachapi Range. When I returned last fall to do this series for class, I discovered that the wind farm had grown and many of the homesteads razed to the ground. So I photographed what I could over the course of 14 weeks and below is the result. For the class, I received an "A" and some admiration from my classmates. I have the project currently on display at my place of employment in Ventura. My hope is to contact some places in Mojave or Lancaster to see if there is interest to display these out there somewhere. Thanks for looking and I hope you enjoy.

R/
Dave

D2xs w/ Various Lenses
1)
i-nXDfDwF-XL.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2)
i-ngWdcRF-XL.jpg

3)
i-vJB5ZFb-X2.jpg

4)
i-mQcSH48-X2.jpg

5)
i-jQ6CR3f-X2.jpg

6)
i-jM2jQJf-XL.jpg

7)
i-9Nvbm7g-XL.jpg

8)
i-8J6xmHZ-XL.jpg

Nice interpretation Dave. Lots to like here, especially 1, 4 and 8. #1 is a most graphic shot and you did extremely well handling all those lines and angles, and framing the sun. 4 and 8 bring to mind poppies spring up in the desert!

Real Name
Alvin
Very cool photos. Love the patterns and context with the abandoned home.

Alvin

These images are spectacular...very well seen and captured. Excellent work.

Glenn

Thank you Glenn. I wasn't sure how this project would look in the end. Many of the structures I was in 5 years ago are not there now. The project slowly adapted to what was available.

Love #7, well done.

Thanks Gordon. That one was a reshoot of a previous image. The previous one didn't have any blade blur.

All are excellent! Number three is special for me as it evokes so many different emotions.

Thanks Rolf. That one is a 5 image HDR composite. It was way too hard to get the foreground shadow and background highlight to be in a single image. Oddly enough, I feel this is my first HDR image that as a personal success.

Nice interpretation Dave. Lots to like here, especially 1, 4 and 8. #1 is a most graphic shot and you did extremely well handling all those lines and angles, and framing the sun. 4 and 8 bring to mind poppies spring up in the desert!

Thank you Nick. Strangely enough, I had Star Wars: Rouge One in mind in the first image. Of this series though, #8 is a personal favorite.

Very cool photos. Love the patterns and context with the abandoned home.

Alvin

Thank you Alvin. It is a fascinating story that this area has. It is sad that it is getting gobbled up.

Thanks again for looking.

V/R
Dave

Latest threads

Top Bottom