Molokini

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by davewolfs, Jul 11, 2007.

1. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    I miss the pacific already. It is so much easier to get out to take pictures of the sunset rather then to wake up and take pictures of the sun rising!

Some shots of Molokini.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Glad you enjoyed your stay here. These are credible images. Did you get out to Molokini to snorkel or dive? Great spot for both.

3. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    This is my second time there and we have never made it out to Molokini.

I am usually pretty content snorkeling at Ahini and Honolua Bay, these are both pretty tough to beat.

Maybe next time :)

4. murreywalker

murreywalker

Mar 25, 2005
    The first shot is spectacularly vivid! Did you, by any chance, bracket this?

Very nice.

5. kwork

kwork

Jun 8, 2006
    NC
    #1 is spectacular.

6. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006

No bracketing. I believe I used a 3 stop hard reverse ND.

Thanks for the comments.

7. Very nice series of shots Dave. I'll be there in a few weeks for our annual 2 week stay in Maui. After a long baseball season it's a welcome vacation :smile:

8. I miss Hawaii and those shots make me miss it more. Gorgeous.

9. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Honolua's great but Molokini is not to be missed. Next time go there. Large Palagics often swim by, large Mana Rays etc.

10. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Images are beautiful

11. davewolfs

davewolfs

May 23, 2006
    Will check it out for sure then! We have some large Palagics here in FL. Last time I went out I was greeted by a massive Mana Ray along with a shark, so seeing the little fish all over the place was a nice change :)

12. Hey Dave -

The first is amazing!

Been to Maui, but only as a diverted flight departure from Honolulu - must return . . .

Eric