Mom

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by two slow, Mar 28, 2007.

1. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    Mom got back from the Dr. yesterday evening. She was in for cat Scan and such. They found the lump in her breast is cancer. They will be removing the left one completely. They want to put in a tube for chemo but she doesn't want anything to do with chemo. She told me with the tube in her she won't be able to go swimming this summer. She want to check out other options, more natural treatments. I can't believe it, swimming.....
    She knew she had a lump for over a year before even getting it looked at.

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Oh dear

So sorry to hear this.

Time to talk to Phil K..Maybe drop him a PM

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 28, 2007
  3. Leigh

Leigh

Feb 19, 2005
    Alabama
    Darrell,
    I'm sorry to hear of your mom's cancer. Please know that we will be keeping her in our thoughts. We're here for you!

4. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    Thank you for being there for me.
    Darrell

5. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    You are truly some of the sweetest people I have ever met. Thank you.
    Darrell

6. two slow

two slow

Apr 22, 2006
    Talladega, Al
    Would the gentleman who PMed me from this tread please contact me again. My mom decided that being sick on chemo wasn't worth it anymore so she quit. I would like to know more than she is telling me and what the Dr's, won't tell me.

7. You are in my families thoughts and prayers.

8. Darrell, Very sorry to hear about your Mom.
    If I may relate a story, a friend's Mom, several years ago, then in her early 70's was diagnosed and had a double masectomy. Refused all chemo.
    She's doing just fine. They were just on a Cruise. Med's of course. She's lost abit of weight but nothing alarming. Proper dieting is critical I'm told.
    Best of luck to you all.

9. Darrell,
    languages are different but people and feelings are the same. All my best wishes and prayers for you.

10. So sorry you have to go through this event in your life. I don't know how the "no-chemo" thing goes but my mom was diagnosed last July and it was pretty devastating. She went through chemo and got her right breast completely removed. Then she got radiation after that. She's doing fine now and pretty much still recovering. As someone said, diet is critical so she should be careful with that. My prayers will go out to you, I can surely relate your situation.

11. So sorry to hear that Darrell. Please drop me a PM with more detail and I'll see what I can do.