Momma Osprey makes a Run ......

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Retief, May 2, 2007.

1. Stopped by the nest even though it was quite overcast on the way home yesterday to see how things were going. It looks like Mom Osprey, just like Mom Canada Goose, is now sitting on eggs. Dad never showed up with food, off drinking with the Guys I think :wink:.

Osprey seem to be very fastidious regarding their nests, but I was surprised when I saw Mom take off for a Facilities Break:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Coming back Home:
    [​IMG]

2. Very funny Bill. When Louie and I were there on Saturday, mom was not yet sitting on eggs, so this is new.

3. Bill, excellent set. The last shot is very nice, coming right off the page at you. Now what is that a parachute opening up to slow her down for landing on the previous shots? (ha...Ha)

Louie

4. HarryB

HarryB

Jan 28, 2005
    Viera, Florida
    Excellent shots of a common activity, as long as they stay away from where my car is parked.

5. Oh, Bill, at it again I see! Well done!

6. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Now we all see why cows do not fly.......

7. I really like the 1rst one - the colors in the background are really pretty, the lighting is really nice and soft. As for the others - I know a bird has to go when a bird has to go..........

8. Mom was sitting on eggs last Monday.

9. Mom was sitting on eggs last Monday. . . I will do some research and post the exact hour. :)

10. BirdLady

BirdLady

Jan 8, 2006
    Alabama
    Great set, Bill.

11. vettenut

vettenut

Feb 27, 2006
    Tolland CT
    Bill, Glad to see you were not on the receiving end of that little gift.:biggrin: Great series as always. - Jeff

12. I'm always amazed at the distance these birds can "shoot". The chicks in the nest darn near have my boat zeroed in. I have been taking rain gear and extra lens cleaning supplies. LOL. Nice set Bill.

13. Ha ha, good one.