Mommy why won't they buy my bracelets?

Discussion in 'People' started by biglannie, Aug 16, 2008.

1. biglannie

biglannie

May 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Hi

I took this photo in Cancun Mexico during a trip this past April.

The little girl was actually crying because the tourists were passing her by with out making a purchase.

Comments are welcome.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2008
  2. very nice composition.
    slightly too soft and the shadows too dark for my taste.
    was this taken with 18-200?

3. Lannie
    sweet shot
    sad, actually

i hope that someone bought a few and made her day

4. biglannie

biglannie

May 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Thank You for your comments
    It was taken with the 18-135 Kit Lens

Yes it was a grab shot and I wasn't happy it turned out so soft either, none the less I thought is was a nice shot of the people of Mexico.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2008
  5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Awww that just breaks my heart. I would've bought every single one of them just to make her happy!

6. i'm right with you on that one, seneca

7. JDann24

JDann24

Dec 15, 2007
    Garland, Texas
    That a great, but sad shot.... When I was in Mexico, I bought every piece of gum that one little boy had. It really breaks my heart to see children like this. Great shot though.

8. Renate

Renate Guest

I love it when a pictures tells a story, even if it is sad.........did you buy a bracelet?? The bracelets look very colorful.

Renate

9. D*A*V*E

D*A*V*E

Jun 3, 2008
    Southend, UK
    Ahh brings back memories of my honeymoon.
    We brought loads ....

10. biglannie

biglannie

May 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Thanks for your comments.
    I did buy.
    The picture does tell a story although a little sad, actually most of Mexico is a happy place.
    About 10 minutes before I took that picture, I felt something tugging at my pant legs as I walked thru a shopping area and looked down to see a little boy about three with a hand filled with bracelets he was selling. I told him I would catch him on the way back and he instantly starting crying; saying please mister please! How can you refuse? Walking a little further I came upon this little girl not having good day selling her wares who then ran to her Mom to cry on her shoulder how bad business was.
    I was lucky to get the shot.

Bottom line is I have bunch of bracelets to re-sell if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  11. Those colorful bracelets look like they would be excellent stocking stuffers. Plus that shawl the mother is holding. What a beautiful textile.

12. gnet158

gnet158 Guest

Good shot but a little over saturated for my taste. Cancun is a blast but not for our photo gear (very humid). Did you have a chance to visit any of the landmarks? We've been there twice and never made it to Caszumel?

138672558_TUcZ2-L.jpg