Mommy why won't they buy my bracelets?

Discussion in 'People' started by biglannie, Aug 16, 2008.

1. biglannie

biglannie

May 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Hi

I took this photo in Cancun Mexico during a trip this past April.

The little girl was actually crying because the tourists were passing her by with out making a purchase.

Comments are welcome.

[​IMG][/IMG]

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 17, 2008
  2. very nice composition.
    slightly too soft and the shadows too dark for my taste.
    was this taken with 18-200?

3. Lannie
    sweet shot
    sad, actually

i hope that someone bought a few and made her day

4. biglannie

biglannie

May 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Thank You for your comments
    It was taken with the 18-135 Kit Lens

Yes it was a grab shot and I wasn't happy it turned out so soft either, none the less I thought is was a nice shot of the people of Mexico.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 16, 2008
  5. Seneca

Seneca

Dec 4, 2006
    Texas!
    Awww that just breaks my heart. I would've bought every single one of them just to make her happy!

6. i'm right with you on that one, seneca

7. JDann24

JDann24

Dec 15, 2007
    Garland, Texas
    That a great, but sad shot.... When I was in Mexico, I bought every piece of gum that one little boy had. It really breaks my heart to see children like this. Great shot though.

8. Renate

Renate Guest

I love it when a pictures tells a story, even if it is sad.........did you buy a bracelet?? The bracelets look very colorful.

Renate

9. D*A*V*E

D*A*V*E

Jun 3, 2008
    Southend, UK
    Ahh brings back memories of my honeymoon.
    We brought loads ....

10. biglannie

biglannie

May 22, 2008
    New Jersey
    Thanks for your comments.
    I did buy.
    The picture does tell a story although a little sad, actually most of Mexico is a happy place.
    About 10 minutes before I took that picture, I felt something tugging at my pant legs as I walked thru a shopping area and looked down to see a little boy about three with a hand filled with bracelets he was selling. I told him I would catch him on the way back and he instantly starting crying; saying please mister please! How can you refuse? Walking a little further I came upon this little girl not having good day selling her wares who then ran to her Mom to cry on her shoulder how bad business was.
    I was lucky to get the shot.

Bottom line is I have bunch of bracelets to re-sell if anyone is interested.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 18, 2008
  11. Those colorful bracelets look like they would be excellent stocking stuffers. Plus that shawl the mother is holding. What a beautiful textile.

12. gnet158

gnet158 Guest

Good shot but a little over saturated for my taste. Cancun is a blast but not for our photo gear (very humid). Did you have a chance to visit any of the landmarks? We've been there twice and never made it to Caszumel?

138672558_TUcZ2-L.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.