1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Money in Macro Florals!

Discussion in 'Macro, Flowers, Insects, and Greenery' started by lanthier, Sep 1, 2008.

1. I figured this groups would be interested in this Washington Post article:

2.5 million per BOOK!!!! I think I would quit my day job...

I also found this far longer and more informative article from Vanity Fair.

Wow!

2. rotxlk82

rotxlk82

Jul 20, 2007
    UK
    Some nice stuff here Rich, thanks for sharing it with us
    There's certainly money in this flower shooting game for those luck enough to get a go at the big time, I really enjoyed reading the articles and see the photos

By the way, I've just noticed that you've got a new avatar... that's a pretty exotic drink you've got there!

3. I found it to be an amazing read...

Yes! I like the new Avatar... Taken while on vacation in Antigua a few years ago. Exotic drink indeed... Somehow, I don't remember what it was called... :eek:  I'll just have to go back!

4. Thanks for the links. Lovely pictures and great article in the Vanity Fair. The fellow sure has talent. 2.5millon is really out of my league:eek:  that is for sure. The part that interested me the most was the info about the Smithsonian having all that botanical info that seems virtually unknown to the rest of the world. I am glad to know there is an institution looking to keep rare plants alive for future generations...never know when we will need another Cape Primrose for an anti-cancer drug again!
    Thanks so much for passing on the info.
    Barb

5. fascinating, thanks!
    glenn

6. Thanks Barb, it really was an interesting read. Imagine walking in with a 40K camera and in 5 minutes saying: "Next."

Indeed. You're welcome Glenn...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.