1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Monica Update

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by GonzoBernelli, Jul 11, 2008.

1. Monica and I visited her Oncologist yesterday to go over the results of her leatest MRI/CAT/Bone scans. Her condition is static - about the best news she could have received given her cancer (stage 4 metastatic breast cancer that migrated to her bones, principally her spine). Because of a rise in her cancer antigen level her Oncologist decided the efficasy of the Arimidex was beginning to wane, so added a more powerful estrogen suppressant (FASLODEX) 500mg subQ injection once a month. Also the increase in spinal pain (continual at about a 2 out of 10 level) was a factor in the meds addition.

Aside from that we're both doing well and would like to express our thanks to all for your prayers for her continued well being.

Thank you so much for your support,
    Nick & Monica

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 11, 2008
  2. Mart61

Mart61

Dec 23, 2006
    Camberley, UK
    I must have missed the original post on this matter. My best wishes to you both in these difficult times.

3. Nick

I missed the original post as well, but your family is in our prayers.

4. I did a series about 18 months ago as we were rolling into this new "lifestyle". Being able to talk things out on the Cafe kept me sane during that process. Periodically since then I post updates for those who have offered support and interest.

5. Micky

Micky

Feb 29, 2008
    Vermont
    Our family's prayers are with you and your family, and remain in our thoughts every day.

6. I too am learning this new lifestyle as my mother-in-law started the journey few weeks ago. It sure changes ones outlook in life and definitions of what's important and what's not.

My prayers are with you and your family.

7. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Also

Nick, I missed the original also but please know that you and Monica are in our thoughts and prayers.

8. Michael

Michael

Jun 30, 2005
    Mid-Michigan
    Nick: I also had missed your posts - my prayers go out to you and your family...

9. My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family!

10. JessP7

JessP7

May 3, 2005
    North MS, USA
    Best wishes to you both. You are in my thoughts and prayers.

11. Cleo68

Cleo68

Jul 7, 2008
    Bedford, MA
    I am so sorry to hear you are going through this. Two of my sisters-in-law have both had breast cancer and both had mastectomies at early ages. A good friend from college was also recently diagnosed. My Grandmother had it too. Just awful. I will say a big prayer for you and your family tonight. Best of luck with the new treatment. I hope it helps keep any pain at bay. Sounds like you are providing a great deal of support, which is so important. Having had a growth removed myself after my two sons were born (before learning it was benign), I know it can be a very lonely feeling.

12. My prayers are with you both, I hope everything works out.

Missed this thread, sorry.

Darrell

13. I too managed to miss this info Nick.
    My hopes, prayers and good vibes are headed Monica's way.

Don

14. Sorry to hear of your cancers. I to missed the original post. We are both walking the same road, and your "new lifestyles" is very fitting description of our present circumstance.
    There are many wonderful folks at he Café, who have offered support and good helpful information.

We are sending good thoughts your way.

15. I too missed the first post. Wish you the very best. I am an oncology pharmacist. If you need drug info PM me.

Les

16. okcandids

okcandids

Jan 12, 2008
    Southern NH
    Having missed the original post, too: Here's wishing you a healthy and successful management of the disease. And since I missed yours too, TomP, same to you!

17. :smile:Than you everyone. You have no idea just how much it helps knowing that others know and care.:smile:

18. My hopes and prayers to your wife and your family. My wife had stage 3 breast cancer and recovered. I know what you are going through.

19. Nick, Monica, Tom--peace my friends, and health!

20. So did I. I'm very sorry to hear that someone you care about has cancer. My sister was diagnosed with leukemia a couple of years ago and I almost lost it. She's in remission now and it looks good for her to make a recovery. My hope is that something as happy as that happens to Monica.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.