Monica Update

12 th day in hospital for Monica. She has a slow GI bleed that is resisting discovery - 6 250 ml PRBC so far. Same as a month ago (9 bags of PRBC in a week after arriving at ER with 3.9 hemoglobin). One colonoscopy and 3 endoscopies have yielded some small bleeder vessels in the stomach, duodenum and jujenum, which have been causerized away, but her heomoglobin will drop 1.5 units in 36 hours from an acceptable "above 8+" to "needs blood" lower for no apparent reason. Before her tank gets topped up, she is pale, sluring her speach and has multiple episodes of "1000 yard stare". Afterwards, red hands, red face and coherant.

It is tough on me and I know it has to be tough on her too. Today some PT guys showed up the give her exercises to rebuild he leg strength and balance practice using a walker. It cannot be prediced when she can return home. I cancelled the first of 2 trigger finger surgeries for myself on the advice from her Oncologist as my hand will be of no use to her for about 3 weeks post-op.

Keep her in your prayer please.
Thanks so much.

LyndeeLoo

Administrator
Administrator
Please give a hug and my very best to Monica. She (and you, too) will be in my prayers. Let us know how she progresses, Gonzo.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Administrator
Real Name
Karen
Thoughts and prayers for you both! Hope the problem is discovered soon so she can be on the road to recovery....

This can't be easy - your friends are praying for you & Monica!

I will keep both of you in my prayers. It is great they now have the tech to treat the problem and the rehab to bring one back to normal.

Late to bed tonight and need to be at Med Ctr at 0630 to hold Monica's hand for a colonoscopy tomorrow. Endocrinologist spent some time with us talking about some thyroid anomalies on the chemestry panel - perhaps the iron supplements she is taking for the hemoglobin. Will know more after more tests.

Thanks to all sending private messages and those with prayers and such here. Gotta go now as I hear thunder in the offing...

All the best for your both Nick and Monica......... my thoughts are with you at this tough time.

Sorry to hear this, and hope she pulls through this quick.

Probably one of the best prayers I've heard / read for a long time ...

May God hold Monica and you in the cup of His hand, providing strength of spirit.

Amen.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom