Monica's last trip

Monica arrived home in England today, after flying overnight from Kennedy in NYC to Manchester. Here's the note I received today from her life long friend, Judy.

Dear Nick,
After a few 'phone calls to the airport, we got the information where to go for Monica.

We had been advised on Wednesday not to ring them until about 9 a.m. when they would be able to confirm that Monica had definitely arrived and documents were being sorted. So we set off today about 9.30 a.m. The lady at WPS was really nice and everything was sorted within 10 minutes and we were soon on our way home with Monica.

We got back about 11.45 a.m and took Monica up to Oakenroyd [the farm where she grew up in West Yorkshire] , opened the packaging and put her on the window sill of our log cabin overlooking the hayfield until it is time to scatter her ashes. She arrived to a hayfield full of yellow buttercup flowers, we have never seen the field looking so yellow. What a welcome for her!

Now follows the difficult time, getting used to her not being around. Mark and I are going to make a small area of garden at Oakenroyd for the Sekulka family, friends forever.

If you are still in touch with the Funeral Home, please thank them for their efficiency in sending her home Everything went smoothly at this end, the package being very substantial and clearly explanatory.

What a relief to she made it safely.

Thank you Nikon Cafe, I could not have made it through these last 6 1/2 years without you.

Best to every one of you
Nick

Nick,

I don't know the story behing Monica as I don't follow the forum everyday, but I assume that she meant a great deal to others and very sorry for the loss. From the sound of the note, she is where she will be foever happy and peaceful and that counts a lot.

Latest threads

Top Bottom