Monitor Advice

Is the Eizo CG277 worth $1,000 more than the NEC PA272W? What would you recommend one of those or the Dell U3014? The best prices I found in Canada was the Eizo for $2,729, NEC $1700 and Dell at Costco for $1,400.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
Well....FWIW..... I bought the NEC PA301W and am thrilled! Expensive - yes....but it comes with both the h/w and s/w for calibration.... and the quality is excellent!

I am interested in the Dell U3014 to use in conjunction with my Toshiba Satellite S50 series laptop. My main usage will be for photo editing. Does anyone have any comments as to the Dell U3014? I have reviewed other sites for commentary but value more those of Café members. Thank you.

Is the Eizo CG277 worth $1,000 more than the NEC PA272W? What would you recommend one of those or the Dell U3014? The best prices I found in Canada was the Eizo for $2,729, NEC $1700 and Dell at Costco for $1,400.
BH Photo is having a sale on the 27 NEC. I don't know if they ship to Canada, or what the import duties would run if any.

I personally am considering the NEC 30 inch LED with spectraview II monitor. I have a old HP 2465 that is on its way out now. B&H is having a somewhat deal on them now with $300-$400 off which puts it at a price of $1700 for the 30 inch monitor.

This monitor is much better than the EIZO.

Butlerkid

Cafe Ambassador
Real Name
Karen
I personally am considering the NEC 30 inch LED with spectraview II monitor. I have a old HP 2465 that is on its way out now. B&H is having a somewhat deal on them now with $300-$400 off which puts it at a price of $1700 for the 30 inch monitor.

This monitor is much better than the EIZO.
Love my NEC PA301 30". The built in h/w and s/w calibration is well worth the money!

Just know that you need to pay attention to the graphics card to get the full benefit of the monitor. Here is a link to an article I had bookmarked explaining the issue.

When getting my new computer, I went with an nVidia Quattro 4000 card....it has been GREAT!

anyone try/use the 4K, like a ...........Dell Ultra HD 4k Monitor P2715Q with the 3840 x 2160 pixels

they claim when it hits the TV market it will be better than HD without HD

http://www.amazon.com/Dell-Monitor-...id=1426195857&sr=8-1&keywords=dell 4k monitor
I have the Dell P2715Q along side my Apple Thunderbolt display I use with the Mac Pro, the Dell is much better even at 2550 by 1440. The text is where the P2715Q really shines. So much so I ordered 2 P2715Q for my office and just got them hooked up to my Dell Laptop. The image quality is very good IMO, and the cost is reasonable (~$550). They also come with a calibration sheet that shows sRGB, Grey Scale Tracking, Gamma and Brightness Uniformity in 25 different spots on the screen. Cables for Mini Display Port are included along with USB. Mini Display port work on Apple Thunderbolt port directly, no need for an adapter.

Hope this helps,

Mike

I look forward to hearing how you get on with it. How different do photos look?
that's one of the reasons I wanted to change my monitor, my desktop went to Repair to initiate my WD 4TB xternal storage, so I used my laptop for a few days, I don't have 30min of use on the laptop, I could not believe my eyes of quality from by Dell st2321lt to my laptop, didn't realize my monitor was that bad.....sooooooooooo .
ended up buying from Overstock dot com, B&H out of stock, Amazon $527, Newegg $543, Overstock $480 with shipping no tax, have always had good luck with them.

came to a bump in the road, rec'd my 4K monitor, did the hook ups, USB with additional HDMI, but only getting 1920x1080 res. the unit requires a DP port, and from what I read on the web, need a graphics card to support it, is video card the same? my HDMI cable may not have enough horsepower, so I am ordering a High Speed HDMI cable and see if it helps, what to do what to do, I sure don't want to buy a new computer, if I can add a simple card I will. I may have put the cart before the horse or vice versa.

came to a bump in the road, rec'd my 4K monitor, did the hook ups, USB with additional HDMI, but only getting 1920x1080 res. the unit requires a DP port, and from what I read on the web, need a graphics card to support it, is video card the same? my HDMI cable may not have enough horsepower, so I am ordering a High Speed HDMI cable and see if it helps, what to do what to do, I sure don't want to buy a new computer, if I can add a simple card I will. I may have put the cart before the horse or vice versa.
I think you need a display port cable to get your 10 billion colors. I just plugged in the supplied DP cable and I was rocken' and Rollen'. The HDMI or DVI cable won't give the full gamut.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom