Monitor Advice

Real Name
Randy
I know this is an old post, but I was looking for info on 2560x1440 resolution monitors as this is what the card in my XPS Dell can support. Are you still happy with the 27" monitor?
it rocks, i still have the 24" 1920 sitting next to it in a virtual desktop of 51", I have the most amazing luck with every dell PC, laptop, monitor, you name it and at relatively cheap price. I am on my 3rd desktop since 2000 and all the upgrades were for faster and more storage that could have been solved with surgery but it's easier to just get the latest

Appreciate the response. Personally all my Dell computers have been fine and my company's engineering department has been running their computers and servers for years, no problem. Hopefully a good Black Friday sale on a 27" coming up.

When I think of a monitor, I think of an oil heater that has been discontinued. Now we use Toyo oil heaters, which are 97% efficient.

I've finally decided to replace my 7 year old Dell monitor. I'm looking at the following monitors: Dell 2713H and Asus PA279Q. Both monitors are 27 inches and cover 99% of the RGB color space. I probably don't need the RGB coverage but I've always shot in RAW so I thought it might be interesting to see how the enhanced color would play out with my images.

If anyone has experience with these monitors, I'd appreciate some feedback. If you have other suggestions, I'd appreciate your recommendations.

Also, for the folks who gave me advice on the 105 macro and Think Tank Airport Takeoff bag; thanks again.
I am not an expert but I have observed from shopping on the internet that when you go from 98% of sRGB to 100% of AdobeRGB the price almost doubles on what appears to be the same quality monitor otherwise. Also, there seems to be a dearth of monitors that allow storing of LUT inside the monitor for accurate colors, and this also increases the price A LOT.

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom