Monitor Advice

OK, well here I am, after a few loop holes, I am now looking at 3480 x 2160 screen resolution at 60hz, the view of photos are incredible, the screen fonts are so sharp and also appear smaller, on the NikonCafe I do have my screen adjusted on the black line between postings about 3/4 inch from each side, hold on here.......am trying adjustments, I can enlarge my post but all others are still smaller than I like.
after all is said and done, I did download the driver prior to setting up new Video card after installation it was a snap to bring screen to proper working order, but still had problems as cable provided by Dell would not give me the correct Res. I had to order a Male-Male DP cable, on back of the monitor there is an in and out DP slot, after another fail, RTFB (Read The Friggin Book) I had the DP cable in OUT slot, a shut down and reinstall into the IN slot and all was good, desktop Icons had to be adjusted to LARGE the Icon font was unreadable, I did find an adjustment for that also.
this is a whole new set up and will take some getting used to, I will be watching my PP in the CS6, so for now all is good.!!! yippie!!!

BTW let me know if you see fonts as to big or OK, they are perfect size in my post, but looking at others is small.

does anyone know how to make the CS6 heading font bigger, the dropdown is OK, but I can't read the screen. if I hold Ctrl ++ it does not work.

1em1c3.jpg
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

6jhbva.jpg

Last edited:
well guys/gals, be aware, according to Adobe and the people on their boards, CS6 does not support the high def monitors and that includes Lightroom 5.7 it does work, the primary fonts and icons are small, very small.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Perhaps you already know this, but many programs such as Firefox, Internet Explorer (perhaps all browsers), Word, Thunderbird support these keyboard commands:
Ctrl - (Hold down Ctrl and press the hyphen or minus key) make text smaller (can press it several times)
Ctrl + (Hold down Ctrl and pressthe equals key, no need to hold down Shift) make text bigger - press it several times
Ctrl 0 (Hold down Ctrl and press the zero key) make text normal size

Perhaps you already know this, but many programs such as Firefox, Internet Explorer (perhaps all browsers), Word, Thunderbird support these keyboard commands:
Ctrl - (Hold down Ctrl and press the hyphen or minus key) make text smaller (can press it several times)
Ctrl + (Hold down Ctrl and pressthe equals key, no need to hold down Shift) make text bigger - press it several times
Ctrl 0 (Hold down Ctrl and press the zero key) make text normal size
Thanks Richard, I have tried that, it will work on a Firefox application, but a direct installed program no help, from CS6, LR5.7, Family Tree maker etc.

Real Name
Bill Mellen
does anyone know how to make the CS6 heading font bigger, the dropdown is OK, but I can't read the screen. if I hold Ctrl ++ it does not work.

1em1c3.jpg

6jhbva.jpg

Darrell,

Have you tried setting the font scaling from control panel?

It looks like you are on Win 7 and this link might help.

https://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/magazine/ff629368.aspx

This may or may not work with CS6. Font scaling is a big problem for many applications as we all move forward towards high definition displays. Making the text bigger might work and it might also cause display issues with the windows that contain controls for the program like the ones on the right in your example. Try them out and let us know!

P.S. Scaling behavior is better in Win 8.1 and I presume that Win 10 will be better yet. 10 will be a free upgrade to licensed 7 , 8 and 8.1 users

Thanks for that Bill, I went into control panel and made custom adjustments to 200%, it made all my desktop icons perfect, as well as Firefox etc, but no cigar on CS6 nor LR. but overall a great help, I guess it's just in the program itself., since the introduction of CC I don't see any movement to update to HiRes Monitors, but then I have been wrong in the past too. :cool:

Real Name
Bill Mellen
Darrell,

My guess is that Adobe will update everything to deal with Hi Res displays with then next iteration of their key products.

More and more computers are coming with Hi Res displays. I have a Hi Res laptop that has problems with several apps.

Most of the major players are moving towards solutions that scale with the resolution of the display.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for that Bill, I went into control panel and made custom adjustments to 200%, it made all my desktop icons perfect, as well as Firefox etc, but no cigar on CS6 nor LR. but overall a great help, I guess it's just in the program itself., since the introduction of CC I don't see any movement to update to HiRes Monitors, but then I have been wrong in the past too. :cool:

But Adobe have already built in the 200% feature, although still called experimental. So they have made a start.

just for those that have been following the progress of the change over to a 4K monitor..................the 3800 res was great, but fighting the software in CS6 and lightroom, FTM, and what ever other programs that don't support a 4k system, what I have done to help solve some issues is change the res to 2560X1440 on the resolution control on desktop, that did make CS6 and LR much more useable, would I do it again? Not at this place and time, if I knew then what I know now probably not, best to wait for industry to balance out and all agree to agree.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
Thanks for the advice. I don't feel an urge to rush out and get one. The next time I buy a monitor I would probably go for one, but with luck my current ones still have a good life ahead of them.

HEAR YEE ........HEAR YEE ......I am dumping the 4K monitor, and buying a high res FIXED 2560X1440, I narrowed down a long existing problem, that when the Mon/computer goes to sleep and re wakes it will sometimes cycle till it locks onto what I have chosen choice of resolution, therefor my Icons scramble all over the place, it has come to "what am I fighting all this crap for" DONE!! and want my CS6/LR back to proper size, so once again, stay away from 4K till industry catches up.................signed.. ............your Ginnie Pig:hungover: :grumpy:

i have a dell 27" 2550x1440 and it rocks
i have a 24" 1920 sitting next to it (I use a 2 LCD desktop) and it's great as well
I know this is an old post, but I was looking for info on 2560x1440 resolution monitors as this is what the card in my XPS Dell can support. Are you still happy with the 27" monitor?

Latest threads

Top Bottom