Monitor Calibraters

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Bohdan, Oct 5, 2005.

1. I'm about to bite the bullet and look at getting a monitor calibrater. Anyone have a link to reviews or has a personal opinion of the different calibraters?

Thanks

Bohdan

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. mrdale

mrdale Guest

Monaco user

Bohdan,

I've been using the Monaco Optix xr for almost a year. I find it easy to use and what I see on my monitor is what I get in prints and other output. I normally calibrate my monitor every 2-3 months although I think my monitor might be showing its age since I've had to tweak it a little the last couple of times. I bought the package so it can also be used for scanners and printers (you have to buy a color target for scanner use).

dale

4. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    "Gretag McBeth Eye One Display II" - and it doubles as a color meter for ambient...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2005
  5. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I have the Colorvision Spyder II. I like everything about it, works fine out of the box on Win XP, except the nag text when it is time to re-calibrate. Does CRT and LCD, recommendation came from Thom Hogan's website.

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I have almost the same Spyder Pro, and all you need do is go into Prefs, and set it to *Never* warn about recalibration :biggrin: I always hated that too.

7. Thanks everyone for your feedback

Bohdan

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

9. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Dear Paul, I strongly disagree with your statement: "you do get better results by paying more" :) Compared to $200 I1D2 Spectrolino for $3500$ does much poorer job in most of monitor calibrations - because the math in ProfileMaker which costs additional $4000 is weaker for that purpose :):)

10. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Thanks to this thread I just got my GretagMacbeth EyeOne II today - after I got back some 170 totally off-color pictures from the printer. Some (like me) have to learn it the hard way. Anyway, after I calibrated my monitor, the pictures on the screen now match the prints I got.

Thanks to all of you!