Monitor Calibraters

Discussion in 'General Technical Discussion' started by Bohdan, Oct 5, 2005.

1. I'm about to bite the bullet and look at getting a monitor calibrater. Anyone have a link to reviews or has a personal opinion of the different calibraters?

Thanks

Bohdan

2. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

3. mrdale

mrdale Guest

Monaco user

Bohdan,

I've been using the Monaco Optix xr for almost a year. I find it easy to use and what I see on my monitor is what I get in prints and other output. I normally calibrate my monitor every 2-3 months although I think my monitor might be showing its age since I've had to tweak it a little the last couple of times. I bought the package so it can also be used for scanners and printers (you have to buy a color target for scanner use).

dale

4. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    "Gretag McBeth Eye One Display II" - and it doubles as a color meter for ambient...

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 6, 2005
  5. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    I have the Colorvision Spyder II. I like everything about it, works fine out of the box on Win XP, except the nag text when it is time to re-calibrate. Does CRT and LCD, recommendation came from Thom Hogan's website.

6. Steve S

Steve S

Feb 1, 2005
    SE Florida
    I have almost the same Spyder Pro, and all you need do is go into Prefs, and set it to *Never* warn about recalibration :biggrin: I always hated that too.

7. Thanks everyone for your feedback

Bohdan

8. MontyDog

MontyDog

Jan 30, 2005
    #1064 - You have an error in your SQL syntax;

9. Iliah

Iliah

Jan 29, 2005
    nowhere
    Dear Paul, I strongly disagree with your statement: "you do get better results by paying more" :)  Compared to $200 I1D2 Spectrolino for $3500$ does much poorer job in most of monitor calibrations - because the math in ProfileMaker which costs additional $4000 is weaker for that purpose :) :) 

10. heiko

heiko

May 15, 2005
    Israel
    Thanks to this thread I just got my GretagMacbeth EyeOne II today - after I got back some 170 totally off-color pictures from the printer. Some (like me) have to learn it the hard way. Anyway, after I calibrated my monitor, the pictures on the screen now match the prints I got.

Thanks to all of you!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.