1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Monitor Calibration (Pantone Huey vs. Spyder2 express)

Discussion in 'Studio Equipment and Lighting' started by frede, Apr 30, 2007.

1. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
  2. I use the Huey, works fine. Adjusts for room lighting.

3. I just got the spyder2express... I'm not sure if it's working though. :biggrin:

4. Spyder 2 here... huge difference... highly recommended. Adorama just ran a special on it recently as well, but I think that is over... might want to check...

5. I have the huey as well, not bad and there is a pro option also.

6. BigPixel

BigPixel Guest

Had the Colorvision Spyder and it was fine. Uing GretagMacBeth Eye One now. Personally I wouodn't economize on this piece of important equipment. The Spyder sells for around $150, the Gretag around $250.

7. msmiller

msmiller Guest

I just purchased the GretagMacBeth Eye One. It worked for me.
    I had just purchased a new 24" Samsung LCD monitor. It was a demo model on sale at CompUSA and I could not pass it up. I was so excited and hooked it up as soon as I got home....but then to my dismay all of my pictures looked different... really different. I messed around with the settings and software drivers for a couple of days and wound up making it worse. Then I went out and purchased the GretagMacBeth Eye One (which happened to cost more then the monitor I had just pruchased).
    GretagMacBeth Eye One did fix it for me. I would recommend if you get a GretagMacBeth Eye One to run the "Advanced" test and do the ambient light test. Good luck

8. I use the Spyder2Pro. It's made quite a difference in what I see and what I print - as in they're closer to the original shot. I had to explain the monitor calibration concept to potential customers who were browsing my website. After a couple reluctant orders were delivered, the orders came flowing in. I agree with Mike, don't economize. It's just too important for prints.

9. frede

frede

Dec 9, 2006
    Princeton, NJ
    Thanks to all for the useful advice. :smile:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.