Monitor display profile question- newbie on i1 display software

Newbie question on the I1 display software.
Especially on my laptop there is a large brightness difference between the correct display profile and the "native" profile.
I1 profile definitely more "correct" and needed to work up images on the road.
However, when I watch a movie or sometimes when I show images to others the older-brighter, higher saturation profile looks more dramatic.
In the i1 software is there an easy way to switch back and forth between the i1 profile and the native non profiled display?
Probably a dumb question, but I did try reading the xrite support and did not see how to do this.
Thanks from an old non computer literate guy.
Gary

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
You don't say what sort of computer or operating system.
On Windows it takes just a moment to switch the profile on or off.
1. Go to Control Panel/Color Management
2. Then untick next to "Use my settings for this device".
Unless you have also added a system default profile you will now have no profile at all.
Simply tick it again to turn your profile back on.
This works with all recent versions of Windows.

You could also make a different profile using the Xrite software, specifying a brighter image and a higher gamma, and store that with a new name. Then you could use the same screen to switch between the different profiles.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
That worked perfectly. Thanks so much. I made a different profile. Just what I was looking for, I would have never figured it out.
Thanks again for the help
Gary
That's good news, I'm glad it helped.
(The people who make the calibration devices never seem to get around to explaining how it all works. The calibration devices make the profile files, and it is the operating system that uses those files to modify the data sent to the monitor. It is a similar process with printer calibration, except in that case it is the program that is printing, such as Photoshop, which has to be told which profile to use.)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom