Monitor Goes Thump Thump Thump

Have you ever heard a soft thump thump thump in your ear. I have, but it’s rare. I thought I was experiencing this recently till I finally realized that it was my monitor. It’s a LaCie that I’ve had for a few years. Other than the thumping, it still works, but has anyone ever had their monitor do this and or know what it could mean? It’s been doing it for about 3 weeks.

Is there an active wifi device in the area? Cell phone? I've heard similar noises with a cell phone near by.

I'm thinking you might need the Exorcist, or call 1-800-555-2368 for the Ghostbusters :ROFLMAO:
Yeah, I've heard noises in boomboxes and higher-end stereo systems when a cell phone was very close (inches).

No cell phones, but for the heck of it, I moved the router another inch further back on it’s shelf above the monitor and the thump thump stopped. Maybe the cat moved it, but I never would have guessed that another device was causing it. Thank you. :)

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom