Monitor Screen Cleaning

Real Name
Barry
What are people using to clean their monitor screens, I seem to have quite a few smudge marks and I did not want to rub to hard and maybe damage screen. I have a HP ZR24w IPS screen.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator
I spray plenty of Windolene onto the screen. Windolene is sold here in supermarkets for cleaning windows. The label says it cleans with vinegar.
The US equivalent is Windex but I think that has ammonia in it.
Then I wipe the screen down with a paper towel. Works brilliantly.

What are people using to clean their monitor screens, I seem to have quite a few smudge marks and I did not want to rub to hard and maybe damage screen. I have a HP ZR24w IPS screen.

Microfibre cloth and screen cleaner, always buff with an old pair (clean) cotton underpants, the best thing for a guaranteed completely streak free finish.

I use distilled water and a thin micro fiber (for glass surfaces).

Richard, FWIW, Sunday I was listening to a radio show while driving and one of the topics was things you should never do with a paper towel. Near the top of the list was don’t wipe your electronics’ screens.
The reason given was the abrasive quality (wood fiber) which is good for some things, bad for others. Maybe UK towels are different?

Richard, FWIW, Sunday I was listening to a radio show while driving and one of the topics was things you should never do with a paper towel. Near the top of the list was don’t wipe your electronics’ screens.
The reason given was the abrasive quality (wood fiber) which is good for some things, bad for others. Maybe UK towels are different?
I've been told that by every optician that I have done business with.

Growltiger

Administrator
Administrator

None of my screens show any damage. But maybe that's just because I don't clean them very often.
But you are giving wise and logical advice. From now on I'll use microfiber cloths.

Real Name
Tony Saya
I use Altura Photo, Ammonia Free - Alcohol Free works great. Spay onto Microfibre cloth and clean directly

Prevention is always better than cure. My three tips, I have Eizo matte screen.

1-Try not to eat in front of the screen or poke it with fingers.

2-When not in use cover it.

3- When dirty tap water moist microfibre does the job or standard screen wipes if stain stubborn. Don’t overdo it, clean only when dirty not a daily routine.

Latest threads

Top Bottom