1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Monitor sizes.....

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by DigitalHeMan, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Hi All,

I am in a position to buy myself some new LCD monitors to head up my MacPro, and am torn between two choices - either I will go for a pair of 22" EIZO Widescreen, or I will go for a single 24" EIZO Widescreen.

At the moment I think I am favoring the pair of 22", since this will give me more working space, and more space to arrange my programs in, but what do YOU think?

Thanks in advance for any opinions....

2. absolutley go for the twin 22's/// more functional than one.
    Allthough, I am looking at twin 32's now!

office2.

3. Thanks for your opinion - do you think you will be able to get twin 32" on your desk? :biggrin:

Anyone else got an opinion?

4. PeterRH

PeterRH Guest

Saw a great monitor being used in London's Trafalgar Square yesterday.

Might be difficult getting it onto your desk though.....and the soundsystem might just need your house to be moderately adapted to accommodate it.

[​IMG]

5. iLLMaCK

iLLMaCK Guest

always got with 2 over 1.

6. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    I went with a pair of ACM 30" for my Mac Pro and highly recommend 2, whatever size you choose. I had to upgrade the desk so the 2 monitors would fit. Had to upgrade the other furniture so it would match the desk, after installing hardwood flooring:

230117735_bebk3-X3.

7. gadgetguy11,

That's a nice looking chair, who makes it?

8. gadgetguy11

gadgetguy11

Nov 16, 2005
    Kentucky
    That is the Verte', manufactured by RFM. Your back makes a unique impression on the back plates of the chair. The comfort is unbelievable. The Healthy Back Store sells them with a long return policy (a year I believe) - but they have never had one returned.

Details available here:

http://www.bluehen.com/verte-chair-p-625.html

9. I'm glad I was sitting down when I saw the price of that chair!!!

thanks for the quick reply.

10. You and me both :eek: 

11. I have two 23" ACD and I'm very happy with them.

12. Getting back on topic.... :smile: I use a single 30" Apple Cinema Display (ACD) with my Mac Pro and I find it to be more than adequate! At the time I was getting ready to buy the Mac Pro, I mulled over the possibilities and finally decided that I'd really rather look at only one monitor while working on images. I also have a 23" ACD hooked up to my 17" MBP and that serves nicely as a desktop replacement. I find the 23" size to be just right for web surfing, email, etc., and also the occasional quick-and-dirty photo adjustment!
    The 30" monitor really is outstanding for working on images pixel-by-pixel if need be......

Of course, the advantage of having two monitors, regardless of size, is that then you can put all the palettes and such on one monitor while using the other for full-screen work on the image itself.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.