1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Monmouth Univ Mens Soccer

Discussion in 'Sports Photography' started by bvonarx, Sep 4, 2008.

1. Went out to see the big boys play after shooting the little guys Sun am. The whining and crying from these guys was embarassing.

No. 1- Roy Carroll look alike (w/Mark in mind)
    [​IMG]

No. 2- Nice boots, awful red reproduction though

[​IMG]

No. 3- more bad red, any ideas for to handle that better?
    [​IMG]

No. 4- Reverse angle header
    [​IMG]

No. 6 To many step overs spoils the soup
    [​IMG]

2. Oldtime

Oldtime

Jul 5, 2006
    Durham, NC
    Brooks well done good action and faces
    get some conflict pushing shoving tackles your on the right track

3. Very nice Brooks. Like #1...

4. excellent, Brooks
    very well done

5. Brilliant shots.

Love your focus. What equipment do you generally shoot with outdoors? Do you usually shoot at your widest Aperture?

Thanks,

Mike

6. nipprdog

nipprdog

Jun 8, 2006
    IN
    Can't offer suggestions without knowng EXIF data.

7. Re: Bad Reds.

My opinion in general is that Nikon has a tough time with red. I have a color profile made for my D3. I now really like my Nikon Reds. Although I must apply the profile in ACR shooting RAW.

mike

8. I can't say that you have a bad red here, just one that is really almost over exposed due to harsh mid day sun. You will notice this mostly in all colors that are typically very deeply saturated, so they look washed out in extreme sunlight like this. This is also more typically "exposed" on the ends of the spectrum on Red and deep blue or Violet.
    Since the midtones are looking pretty good I would say this is still OK, but then I'm not used to shooting with a D3... yet!

9. Thanx Mark, conflict photos will be the order of the day next time out.

Thanx Chris, I need to get to know this team better to shoot them more effectivly

Thanx, it was a fun day out

Thanx Mike, I'm using a D200 w/a 300 f/2.8 and usually shoot it @ f/3.3 to f/4 depending on quality of light.

It looked great in Photo Mechanic but cr** after running it thought Capture NX2 with only a touch of L&C :confused: 

I'm not that advanced to create profiles just yet, can you send me a link to more info?

Thanx Steve, I wish I was having this red problem w/ a D3!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.