Mono Lake

Sunset at Mono Lake in January. A very cold day.

original.gif
Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

Cold days always seem to yield the best pics! :smile: Great shot of the tufa. You got some fairly calm water. I've been there 3 times in the last few years, and it's always been too windy for this kind of shot. Is this one leaning a little bit to the right?

Nice sky color. Very interesting place, hard to describe til you see it. I tried some sunrise shots, 18 degrees when the sun was peaking over the mountains. The foam from the lake saltwater washing up in little waves looks like snow drifts. A good challenge for any photographer.

And that is stunning...!
Thanks..
Beautiful. I would like to go there someday.
THanks Ron..
What a beautiful photo.
THanks Colin..
Love the color, what a nice take.
Thanks..
Killer shot.
Thanks David..
+ what Glenn said!
Samuel
Thanks Samuel..

Cold days always seem to yield the best pics! :smile: Great shot of the tufa. You got some fairly calm water. I've been there 3 times in the last few years, and it's always been too windy for this kind of shot. Is this one leaning a little bit to the right?
I have been there many times with calm water and other times where it was white caps with the winds mixing things up out there.. Might be a bit tilted not sure..
Nice sky color. Very interesting place, hard to describe til you see it. I tried some sunrise shots, 18 degrees when the sun was peaking over the mountains. The foam from the lake saltwater washing up in little waves looks like snow drifts. A good challenge for any photographer.
THanks.. Yep, it was pretty cold that sunset I was out there..
Stunning landscape!
Glenn
THanks Glenn
Nice shot, always wanted to visit mono lake but never had the right opportunity or time ...
Thanks..
Beautiful sight Eric!
THanks ROb..
Very, very nice...! :smile:
THanks..
Nice tufa. Great shot.
THanks James..

Again - stunning shot! I hope to get back there again this fall between Reno balloon festival & Snowmass.

PS - I think I saw 1 picture in your gallery with our balloon in Reno last year. Too tiny to tell for sure:rolleyes:

Great shot. Been there twice. Great place and I hpoe to get back there again.

Latest threads

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Forum GIFs powered by GIPHY: https://giphy.com/
Copyright © Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom