Monopod Head Suggestions.

I know there was just a discussion on tripod heads. But I want to know what most of you use on your monopod. I have been using the Bogan 3229 tilt head with quick release. I got it because it had the same quick release as the Monfrotto 488cr2 ball head that I have. I have just ordered the Acratech Ultimate Ball head with the quick release for my tripod. It has the arca type quick release and will not accept the plates for the Bogen/Monfrotto. I have a plate for the camera coming with it and I am going to order the lens plate. So the head I am using with the Monopod will not work with these plates and I don't want to be changing out plats from tripod to monopod. Suggestions please.

PGB

Joe. Now that is weird. Same exact time we posted and you beat me. :)

OK, since both of you have already posted the darned link, I don't think I'll bother. But it does work rather nicely, doesn't it? I don't think I could deal with an actually head on the top of my monopod, too many things to do then.

I also have this same setup, but there is one thing to consider about it. If you use long lenses and shorter lenses, you're going to find that the lense plates mount perpendicular to how the camera plate does, so you can't have up/down tilt for both unless unscrew the QR clamp and adjust it. I find this pretty annoying, so I've decided to get RRS' new BH-25 Pro head as soon as it becomes available. It looks like the perfect monopod head and will solve the tilt problem I currently have with the bogen head.

Jeff,

That's one reason why I use the RRS lever release clamp. And the beauty of a monopod is its versatility. You can lean forward, sideways or backwards to get the right angle on the subject without unscrewing/unclamping anything.

Joe

Jeff
I looked at the BH-25 Pro head and then called RRS. They said they would not suggest the BH-25 for a monopod because once you press the lever you need three hand to control the Camera. The said the above suggestion was the way to go. So I did not change my order. Thanks for the reply.

Joe
I noticed your North Carolina State avatar. Y'all signed a kid from here name Courtney Fells. He's supposed to be a great player. I don't know why Mississippi State didn't go after him.

Latest threads

Top Bottom