Monopod head?

Quick question - what tilt heads are people using for large zooms (300 2.8 AF-S II is what I have in mind) on monopods that take Arcaswiss style plates? I've got the good old standard Bogen 681 that needs to go or be converted.

Quick question - what tilt heads are people using for large zooms (300 2.8 AF-S II is what I have in mind) on monopods that take Arcaswiss style plates? I've got the good old standard Bogen 681 that needs to go or be converted.

RRS BH-55LR with Levering mount on Gitzo 1325 with Optech leg covers.

RRS is a precision engineered piece - highest recommendation.

Couldn't agree more. Perfect monopod solution for a small price. The RRS 55 ballhead (while an outstanding piece of equipment when you need a ballhead) is overkill for a monopod.

OOps... :actions1:

I misspoke. The BH-55LR would indeed be overkill - and very heavy - to sport on a pod! I did not see "monopod" on the question, and described the head and leg covers on my tripod.

Just as Rick and Luke did, I went with the RRS solution and am thrilled with it, using either 200-400, or 200/2.0.

I've got an old Bogen ballhead that I fitted with a RRS B2 clamp. It works like a charm. I thought about getting a 3232 swivel, but I didn't know if it would hold up under my D200 and 300 2.8. It's only rated for 5.5 lbs, and my setup weighs about 10.

Latest threads

Top Bottom