Monopods and RRS clamps....

For those of you who use monopods... do you have the Manfrotto swivel head and RRS clamp on top??

If so... what clamp do you use? I have the Manfrotto 3232 swivel head and I want to add a clamp. I have a 200- 400 VR that might occasionally find its way on top.

Is the longer clamp more useful than the shorter one?? I would think so... but I would like to hear opinions on the subject.

Thanks...

For those of you who use monopods... do you have the Manfrotto swivel head and RRS clamp on top??

If so... what clamp do you use? I have the Manfrotto 3232 swivel head and I want to add a clamp. I have a 200- 400 VR that might occasionally find its way on top.

Is the longer clamp more useful than the shorter one?? I would think so... but I would like to hear opinions on the subject.

Thanks...

You will find a variety of opinions on this.

I use the Manfrotto 3232 swivel on the new Gitzo GM2540 pod. I use the RRS lever release with SS hardware from RRS between 3232 and lever release.

I support the 200-400 and 200 2.0 with this setup, and it works well.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have a Gitzo monopod (sorry, don't know the model number and am too lazy to go check -- it's out in the car right now) and I've got the Wimberley C-10 clamp on it. Nothing else. Works great for quick-mounting/release! I do lose the flexibiity of a tilting/shifting/swiveling head, though....but for me so far this has been just fine.

B

bpetterson

I prefer the RRS B2-Pro/L with screw knob $87.00.
Because you can tighten it better.
Also if you are only going to use it to mount lenses get a 3/8"-16 x 3/4"
hex head and split ring lockwasher [both stainless steel] $2.00 from RRS
or from your hardware store.
Of course you will need a wrench to tighten.
This will help the mount from twisting when handling heavy lens.

I just got their new catalog. They show a B2-40 LR leaver release plate. It looks a bit smaller than the regular lever plate and might be good on the Manfrotto 3232. They do not show this B2-40 LR on their website so I emailed them but my email was undeliverable. I will call them Monday. I am planning to use it with my 300 2.8VR and will NOT be carrying it over my shoulder like the sports photogs do.

Latest threads

Top Bottom