1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Critique Mont Orgueil Castle, Jersey

Discussion in 'Black and White' started by TerribleTwins, Jan 12, 2019.

1. Mont Orgueil Castle

OMD EM1 Mk2, 12-100 F4 pro. Alien Skin Konica 750 IR conversion

1)
    p2152203787-4.jpg
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2)
    p2152209933-4.jpg

3) Double rainbow
    p2152218751-4.jpg

4)
    p2152232383-4.jpg

5)
    p2152211014-4.jpg

6)
    p2152267197-4.jpg

rest of the Jersey Series here..
    Mont Orgueil Castle & Gorey Village

Last edited: Jan 13, 2019
    • Like Like x 1
  2. I really the b&w results you create with Alien Skin, David!
    Another great series!
    Great compositions as well.

3. Thanks - the Alien Skin Programme is called Exposure - it has one advantage over the NIK system in that it allows for Colour Film layers as well as the B&W version (I like their Provia version for my Colour pictures). They do s free down load trial if you want to check it out.

4. I have been struggling in my landscapes with the balance of sky and land/structures. This series runs the whole gamut. How do you make that decision about balancing your desired mood with the crop of sky and land either in camera or in post?

5. Lovely work David. #2 is stunning, with the presence of those white gulls in the sky that helps make the contrast even stronger, and more balanced!

6. +1! I like the comp and contrasts in #2. I also like the perspectives in #4 and #6, and the comp and tones in #5. Nice series!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.