Montage gymnastic pictures

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Johntu, Jan 1, 2006.

1. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Pictures of my daughter at National Judges Cup 2003, she won second place :smile:

[​IMG]

2. Nice work John :smile: pretty cool....and congratulations to your daughter..!!

3. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    John,
    That is truly wonderful.
    Very gooood ...

The pictures you took of her are great.

She is so graceful, and pretty girl.

4. SRA

SRA

Jul 29, 2005
    Orem, Utah
    John,

Beautiful talent is present in your daughter and your photo montage. Congratulations on both.

5. dbirdsong

dbirdsong Guest

Nice work John.. I am sure you daughter will cherish it for years..

6. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Very nice work putting the montage together, John and congratulations to your very talented daughter. When time allows, I would be interested to know what it takes to put a montage like that together. I really like the outcome.

7. Terri French

Terri French

May 5, 2005
    Idaho
    What a treasure

Is she still doing gymnastics? 2nd Place in a national competition sounds pretty impressive. The montage is just great. I would love to know how you did it. Obviously you have much better skills at selecting objects than I do.

8. RayGuselli

RayGuselli

Oct 18, 2005
    Hi John

That is a very nice collage - nicely balanced.
    Really great work and it looks like your little girl is also doing some fabulous work!!

Very best wishes

Ray

9. Congratulations to you, your daughter and your family. the image display is wonderful and shows just how graceful and athletic your daughter is.

10. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Hi Terry,

After get in high school beginning of this year, my daughter was no longer in gymnastic, because too much home works, she did not have time to go to the gym 4 hours a day for training, now she is doing ballet 2 times a week and she is in her high school junior varsity water polo team now but next year she is thinking about joining her high school varsity gymnastic team. About a montage, make a new canvas, then choose all the pictures you like put in project folder, open one at the time, then select the object and paste into the new canvas, each picture on difference layer so you can easy to control later.

11. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Thanks guys for all the kind words :Wink:

Proud father

12. John, what a talented daughter you have! You must be very proud. You've done a great job in capturing her grace and ability. There is no doubt she is a champion in every respect.

This montage represents two different themes, one about her character and skill, another about the fact that she is a national champion. When I step back and look at the montage, my eye moves to the upper right hand corner (the "championship" theme). I completely miss the "character" theme, which is in text at the bottom of the montage and in the other images. From a design standpoint the montage suffers from the fact that it tries to focus on too much.

Your wonderful performance shots of your daughter get lost due with the dual themes. In reality you probably have enough content for two different montages, each emphasizing a different theme. I think it would be fun to do a montage with a larger version of your daughter (perphaps done with a PSCS2 smart object) and more of her skill shots in one montage and another montage (using the image in the upper right hand corner) emphasizing her status as a national champion.

Putting two different, but worthy, themes in the same montage is a difficult task.

Virginia
    aka beaucamera

13. Johntu

Johntu

Jul 4, 2005
    Fremont, CA
    Thanks Virginia for your kind words, you are right, I should redo the montage.