Montauk Lighthouse, CC wanted

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by Firelarz, Jun 28, 2007.

1. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Just learning more PS and want to know what you think of this image? I already see some things that could be better, but will wait to see what you have to say.
    Thanks Larz

2. I like your choice of colours. The image has a sort of clinical feel to it. Like you clipped the lighthouse out of it's setting and pasted it against a blue background. I like the light and shade on the white facets of the lighthouse.

If you have done this much PP work, I would suggest you clean up the rust on the paint around the fenced area near the top and maybe leave a little "sky" on top of the spire.

3. Peano

Peano

Jun 22, 2006
    Washington, D.C.
    I like this shot of a famous lighthouse. Just a couple of thoughts.

First, I'm sure you meant to have the sky visible through these negative spaces.
    light.

Second, and this is more a matter of personal preference, I wonder whether restoring the "uncorrected" perspective (right) would help. It might enhance the sense of height, as seen from the vantage point of a viewer on the ground. The parallel sides (left) of the glass light enclosure, to my eye, take away from that sense we get when looking up at a tall structure.
    light2.

Again, a very nice image.

4. Very nice shot and PP work :smile:

Agree with Dan about a little more sky at the top and agree with Peano about the perspective and "open" areas in the fence :rolleyes:

Nice work though !!

5. Firelarz

Firelarz

Feb 26, 2006
    Chandler, AZ
    Peano, thanks for the info. You are right about more sky at the top. I will work on that. 2 questions though.
    1-How do I put the sky in those little negative spaces? Do I have to do each one individually?
    2- I didn't change the perspective on the image. Do you think I should put it in?
    Thanks for the comments.
    Larz