1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

"Montauk Monster"......real or nonsense????

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by Vernon t, Jul 31, 2008.

1. :biggrin:D oes anybody on a photo-board thing all the "Montauk Monster" hype that has filled the web and TV and doctor-lounge chatter today is anything credible???:confused: 

The retouching forum cadre could come up with a whole menagerie of monsters in very short order I suspect.:biggrin:

0_21_montauk_monster_grab.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
  2. cotdt

cotdt

Jul 14, 2007
    Bay Area, USA
    It's real.

3. The phrase "Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence" was popularized by Carl Sagan.

A never-before-seen creature in New York in an "Extraordinary claim" in my eyes.

4. I found this regarding the Montauk monster. http://www.boingboing.net/2008/07/29/gawker-reports-on-mo.html There is speculation of some photoshop fakery and I've also seen some conspiracy theorists claiming this has something to do with the decomissioned Montauk top secret research base that had ties to the philadelphia experiment. Strange stuff............

Cheers

Ted:smile:

5. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    Keep in mind that New Jersey is around the corner - so I wouldn't be surprised if this monstrosity was real. I encounter creatures far uglier on my daily commute.

6. "'Twas brillig, and the slithy toves
    Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:
    All mimsy were the borogoves,
    And the mome raths outgrabe."

7. thats the first thing i saw on the news, my first morning in long island, right after moving in.

8. You know......

.......now that I think about it.....I think I ate one once while vacationing in France.
    It was in a little restaurant on Île Saint-Louis. My wife had cognac braised kidney.
    I had one of those things. Tasted like chicken.

9. jcovert

jcovert Guest

LOL!:biggrin:

10. Why do all weird things taste like chicken? LOL

11. wow.....
    that brings back memories...
    like a jolt in my head....
    thanks for that... in a good way :smile:

from Through the Looking-Glass and What Alice Found There, 1872
    by Lewis Carroll
    ...... wonderful

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 1, 2008
  12. how did i NOT hear about this yesterday?
    what is wrong with me?

13. Lurker

Lurker

Jul 21, 2007
    NJ
    It got probably pushed off the headlines by that dude beheading one of his fellow bus passengers. :eek: 

14. yeah...
    i didn't even read that one
    the "TITLE" made me sick enough... :frown:

15. An obvious slithy toves. One often see them on the New jersey Turnpike.

Les

16. Micky

Micky

Feb 29, 2008
    Vermont
    It's my fault...

That is a photo of my ex-wife...
    She finally washed ashore...

17. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Because people get upset when you say it tastes like Bald Eagle! :eek: 

18. Well see, this has always been a core principle in my life. If someone says, "Mike, have you tried the yak molar root or the howler monkey testicle in squid ink gravy? Tastes just like chicken." I pass and just order the chicken. :wink:

19. Spectre

Spectre

Feb 20, 2008
    Oregon
    Who ever told you the howler monkey testicle in squid ink gravy tasted like chicken...... Was a liar. It taste nothing like it!:biggrin:

P.S. They were just called monkeys until someone tried to take the testicle!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.