Monterrey Silhouettes (scanned)

Shot with my old N90 (sold) and 20 2.8D (sold) on Velvia 50. Scanned with the Nikon Coolscan V ED.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

View attachment 5056

Thanks for looking. Comments always welcome.

Joe

Aren't slides wonderful to look at? You're scanns certainly are. Especially that second one - the range from the sky above to the surf below, is very compelling!

Chris101 said:
Aren't slides wonderful to look at? You're scanns certainly are. Especially that second one - the range from the sky above to the surf below, is very compelling!
I guess slides get the same knock on DR that the D2H does, however, it's enough for me and part of the art.

greyflash said:
Striking images Joe, thanks for sharing. By the way, when are you going to post another picture of your daughter I have enjoyed watching her grow up.
I'm scanning a bunch of slides when she was very young and I'm planning to do a then and now portrait post soon in the portrait section.

Joe

Re: Joe

mike mac said:
All of your scanned posts have been really nice, I used to love taking slides, keep the posts coming beautiful work
Thanks Mike. I forgot how much more disciplined I was shooting slides. I rarely missed an exposure then but now with digital I get lazy and check right after the shot. I think everyone should start with slides to learn how hard nailing exposure can be without instant feedback.

Joe

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom