Monterrey Silhouettes (scanned)

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Joe Marques, Feb 7, 2005.

1. Shot with my old N90 (sold) and 20 2.8D (sold) on Velvia 50. Scanned with the Nikon Coolscan V ED.

View attachment 5056

Thanks for looking. Comments always welcome.

Joe

2. Chris101

Chris101

Feb 2, 2005
    Arizona
    Aren't slides wonderful to look at? You're scanns certainly are. Especially that second one - the range from the sky above to the surf below, is very compelling!

3. I guess slides get the same knock on DR that the D2H does, however, it's enough for me and part of the art.

4. Striking images Joe, thanks for sharing. By the way, when are you going to post another picture of your daughter I have enjoyed watching her grow up.

5. I'm scanning a bunch of slides when she was very young and I'm planning to do a then and now portrait post soon in the portrait section.

Joe

6. Both shots are awesome. Thanks for sharing.

7. Joe

All of your scanned posts have been really nice, I used to love taking slides, keep the posts coming beautiful work

8. Thank you 3stones. :D

9. Re: Joe

Thanks Mike. I forgot how much more disciplined I was shooting slides. I rarely missed an exposure then but now with digital I get lazy and check right after the shot. I think everyone should start with slides to learn how hard nailing exposure can be without instant feedback.

Joe

10. hans

hans

Feb 5, 2005
    The Netherlands
    Joe

I would frame the first one,it's a wallhanger
    post more they are a joy for my eyes

11. Thanks so much hans. BTW, I hope Nena is doing better. All the best to you.

Joe