1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Montreal Botanical Garden (4 img)

Discussion in 'Birds' started by Frits, May 6, 2007.

1. This afternoon Cafe member Dao Dang and I went to the Montreal Botanical Garden.
    The trees are only just budding. A few more weeks and everything will be in full bloom.
    The Botanical Garden is near the Montreal Olympic Stadium with its characteristic slanting tower, where the 1976 Games were held.

A spot in the Gardens

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 35mm f/1.4
    original.

Preparing for take off.

D2x, Nikkor Ai-S 300mm f/2.8 + TC-14E
    original.
    NIKON D2X    ---    300mm    f/5.6    1/500s    ISO 100

DUCK!!

original.
    NIKON D2X    ---    300mm    f/2.8    1/640s    ISO 100

Nesting Canada Goose

original.
    NIKON D2X    ---    300mm    f/7.1    1/125s    ISO 100

2. I really like the mallards. She looks a little nervous about the male looming behind her.

3. well done Frits! I am with Jen on the mallards shot!

4. Beautiful series of shots, Frits! Good to see the snow finally melted in your neck of the woods :smile: It's golf season my friend :wink:

5. WOW, Frits! These are all gorgeous! I echo everyone about the mallard photo - that's a winner big time!

6. Right you are Jen. That guy shadowed her every step she took....ahhhh, springtime :Love:

7. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Super shots

8. Nice serie, Frits.

I'm with Dave and Jen on the mallard shot. Creative use of DOF.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.