1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Monument Valley Panorama

Discussion in 'Landscapes, Architecture, and Cityscapes' started by Mike Z, Apr 1, 2007.

1. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    This is a shot of the rock formation that includes the Totem Pole. It's my first pano and I used one of the new tools in PSCS3. All I had to do was check the photos I wanted to use in Bridge and do a photomerge. The software did the rest. Finally I had to do some slight cropping to even the top and bottom margins. I couldn't believe how easy it was and how well it came out.

By the way, I hope you like the photo and hope it gives you an idea of what the valley is like.

Mike

2. Gale

Gale

Jan 26, 2005
    Viera Fl
    Very nice landscape

3. Vienna Pics

Vienna Pics

Nov 14, 2005
    Virgnia
    Nice Pano Mike.

4. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Gale and Mark,
    Thank you both for your nice comments.

Mike

5. Very nice Mike, but I want to see bigger!!! Do you happen to have a link to a larger version - looks super!

6. Nice Shot!

Anthony

7. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Sandi and Anthony,
    Thank you both.

Sandi, since this is my first pano, and I've never posted one, what size should I set image size to be?

Mike

8. Mike, if you put larger than the forum allows, it will automatically shrink the pano down, but clicking on it will open it up to the full size. I usually post my panos at 650-700 pixels height and let the width run wild.

9. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Here it is Sandi.

Mike

10. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
  11. It's a great pano! If I could make a suggestion though - I personally wouldn't included those bushes on the left side in the foreground, or if I did I think it would work better if they were in focus along with the main subject? IMHO of course - I'm not an expert! :) 

12. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Vern,
    Thanks for the thoughtful comment. Actually, the pano occured unplanned. I was shooting the Totem Pole in the great light and decided that I continue to pan to the right and try out the new feature in Photoshop. It was really my first one and I guess I never adjusted the focus.
    Mike

13. Great job Mike, well done.

14. very nice Mike and you are right, the photomerge feature in CS3 is vastly improved over CS2.

15. Mike Z

Mike Z

May 30, 2005
    Northbrook, IL
    Raul, Dave and Jeff,
    Thanks for the nice comments. Dave, I was amazed at how easy it was.

Mike

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.