Monument Valley

Discussion in 'General Discussion' started by general, Oct 31, 2005.

1. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
  2. Monument Valley is a unique and beautiful area. Thanks for sharing your image.

3. PGB

PGB

Jan 25, 2005
    Its been a very long time since I have been there. Look forward to taking my family as my folks did when I was little.

Thanks for sharing,

4. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Beautiful shot Don. I hope to get out there someday too. :smile:

5. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    When you go

When you go I recommend hiring a Navajo guide so that you can get to some of the restricted areas. Here is one that you can't get to without the guide:

[​IMG]

6. JeffKohn

JeffKohn

Apr 21, 2005
    Houston, TX
    Nice shots. Looking in the gallery I think MonumentValleyMorning_02_4302 is my favorite, it's a really nice composition.

7. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Thanks

Thank you. I enjoyed making these and a handful at one of my favorite places - Yosemite NP. Didn't have time except to drive through; made a dozen exposures with about 4 keepers.

8. Hi General, Where is Monument Valley?

9. eng45ine

eng45ine

May 11, 2005
    Chicago, IL
    Extreme Northeast Arizona

10. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Interestingly, Monument Valley is not a National Park but is wholly within the Navajo Reservation. As noted it is in Northern Arizona and 17 miles south of Mexican Hat, Utah.

11. Baywing

Baywing

Feb 22, 2005
    CT USA
    It's also in Southern Utah, on the AZ border. It straddles the state line. Next time I go, I'm going to get this guy:
    http://www.monumentvalley.com/
    I've heard a lot of good things about his tours.

12. Flew

Flew

Jan 25, 2005
    Alabama
    Man that sounds like fun Bay. We need to get a tour together for next year. How about the overnight hiking / camping option? I'll bet that we could get the minimum party of four easily. :biggrin:

13. nice clouds, but it might need a tad bit more contrast? Just my opinion your mileage may vary...

14. general

general

Apr 30, 2005
    Nebraska
    Totem Pole Tours

I am not familiar with the tour company Bay mentions. First, you don't need a tour guide for the normal tour of Monument Valley; it is a self-drive tour and the cost is only $5.00. Only certain tour companies can take you into the restricted areas. I used Totem Pole Tours. My guide used his vehicle.