Moody 80s feel Sarah

Discussion in 'Formal Portraits and Weddings' started by goatee, Sep 1, 2008.

1. This was a shot I took in the studio I used to get access to.

Duotone - blue shadows and yellow highlights. Lighting was beauty dish and a white foam reflector (tell me where they were).

Equipment was 40D & 24-70 f/2.8 L.
    2421476546_437ac9a3bf_o.

2. Beauty dish high and slightly to the right of the camera, reflector to the models right (camera left). You have blown the whites on the front of the blouse. I like the background lighting.

3. Hehe, bingo, but just swap right for left ;) .

I didn't notice the blown whites when I processed - I'll have to get out the RAW file and rein them in.

There was no background lighting - was just shot against a seamless white background, and the nice lighting is a side-effect of the fortuitous positioning of the beauty dish.

4. Miguel

Miguel

May 12, 2006
    Norwalk, CT
    It looks good, but slightly over exposed as Gordon noted. I would have liked to see the main light at a little more of an angle to the model to give a little more shadow on her left side. Or have the beauty dish directly above the camera to give nice even light across the model's face.

5. Thanks for the critique Miguel - I understand and totally agree with you - this shot really needs some more shadow for some 3Dness.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.