1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Moody tutu princess

Discussion in 'Retouching and Post Processing' started by LindaZ, Sep 26, 2008.

1. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    This was a snapshot I took in the livingroom and I added a background to cover up my carpet, a moody but saturated "pop" and a border.

Does it work?

p375680625-5.png
    Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

2. AgilityIG

AgilityIG

May 13, 2008
    Iowa
    works for me Linda! I really like the effect - my eye keeps getting drawn to her eyes - she has great eyelashes!!

3. I like it alot, I'm with Marsha on the great eyelashes.

4. leahp26

leahp26

Apr 28, 2008
    Southern NH
    Liking this a LOT - more arty, very interesting. I think this sort of image would be v appealing to your clients.

How did you add the background?

5. Wileec

Wileec Guest

Nice shot of the little girl.

If composing in a background - why not a wooden dance floor. I think it would be more suited to the shot than what appears to be a bed mattress.

6. rocketliv

rocketliv Guest

Adorable!!! Great job on the saturation! The eye lashes look amazing!

7. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thanks...oh this was a snapshot, I had to chase her down and get what I could. 30 seconds later that tutu skirt was mama's "monster hat" . ...LOL

The background is a texture paper, and I just added it on top of the picture, reduced the opacity so I could see where she started and the background ended. And erased her back...

I'm hoping client's would like something like this but I think I need to fix it up a bit better, and darken that corner to lessen the "mattress" effect... haha...

8. Nice blending of the design with the skirt. You would never know it was not there initially. Photoshop?

This is definately a keeper for when she is older!

9. vinman

vinman

Nov 15, 2006
    Upstate SC
    Linda, what do you use for borders? Are you PP'ing in CS or LightRoom? Great shot!

10. LindaZ

LindaZ

Jul 29, 2007
    Wilmington, NC
    Thank you... Yes CS3...I picked up the border from another photographer. But you could find some at the Adobe homepage too. I'm pretty sure!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.