Moon Over House

This is my first try at moon shooting.

Subscribe to see EXIF info for this image (if available)

1/125 sec., f5.0, 180mm, ISO200

You should do it more often. The image is quite good and sort of looks like a haunted house. One suggestion I might make is to shoot just a tad earlier in the evening so that there would be a little more light on the house and trees. The other alternative is to shoot two images, one exposed for the house and one for the sky and moon. These could then be combined in Photo Shop.

Gil :

Good shot. You composed it well.

For the house and surroundings, try running Digital DEE in Nikon Capture (you did shoot NEF, I hope...) with settings 16,1,64 as a starting point. Try incrementing the last number by 10 until you get a level of lighting on the house that you like. Decrement the first number to 12 or 14 once you get that last one in the range you want to adjust the level of "boost".

I don't think you'll be able to bring up the foliage much, however. OTOH, that will frame the house and the moon more effectively.

John P.

I love that shot.

Gordon mentioned shooting a bit earlier. I found that amusing. How to stop time or the moon from moving :>)))))

Sorry Gordon LOLOL

Guess you could cheat a bit and use shadow highlights in PS LOLOL

Gale said:
I love that shot.

Gordon mentioned shooting a bit earlier. I found that amusing. How to stop time or the moon from moving :>)))))

Sorry Gordon LOLOL

Guess you could cheat a bit and use shadow highlights in PS LOLOL
It is humorus Gale :D and I got a laugh out of your comment but the person can move to accomodate the moon or you could shoot the same image at a different time of year when the moon has changed position or you pick another foreground and use the same moon. Also, an ND filter would work for the image taken or as you aptly pointed out shadow/highlight in PS. Just a few thoughts.

Latest posts

Links on this page may be to our affiliates. Sales through affiliate links may benefit this site.
Nikon Cafe is a fan site and not associated with Nikon Corporation.
Forum post reactions by Twemoji: https://github.com/twitter/twemoji
Copyright © 2005-2019 Amin Forums, LLC
Top Bottom