1. Welcome to NikonCafe.com—a friendly Nikon camera & photography discussion forum!

If you are thinking of buying a camera or need help with your photos, you will find our forum members full of advice! Click here to join for free!

Moon Shot

Discussion in 'Night, InfraRed, and UltraViolet Photography' started by aman17, Aug 6, 2008.

1. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    It's only my second attempt but it got me going.I still have a lot to learn but i'm encouraged.It really is facinating to look at.It's like your waiting to see someone or something.Really amazing.This was with my D-300,300mm 2.8 & a 1.7 tc.Comments are sure welcomed.

DSC_6625.

2. CoOokie

CoOokie

May 4, 2008
    Poland
    I like moon shots and yours is good, but is it only me or is the shot a little blurred? You should shoot at around f/10 to get best pictures. Post EXIF here if you can.

3. Your image is excellent Arnie and so is the sharpness. The craters are really well defined in this quarter moon shot. Way to go.

4. cknight

cknight

May 2, 2005
    Madison, AL
    The exposure looks good (maybe a little hot on the edges for my taste).
    It doesn't really look blurred to me, but it does look like some detail is missing, or pixelated in spots. Maybe the jpeg compression was set too high?

5. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    hey Cookie thanks for the comment and good info .Maybe tonight I'll try again.
    thanks

6. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Thanks Gordon,I really appreciate your nice comment.I hope to get better at this.Thanks for the vote of confidence

7. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Thanks for your input Chris.Like I said theres a lot to this and I hope to get better at it.

8. yea.. great composition, just missing detail. Is this cropped?

9. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Hi Arcinio,yes it's about 100%.Lets see what ntonight brings.Thanks for looking

10. oscarzan

oscarzan

Aug 7, 2008
    Miami, Florida
    Great composition and background. very detailed image.
    Congrats

11. aman17

aman17

Sep 27, 2006
    New Jersey,USA
    Thanks Oscar still more work to do,but were getting there.thanks for looking

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.